Four

Why does the world have to be this way?

Your arms around your daughter begin to loosen as your eyes stay locked with his. They looked the same, the smooth chocolate brown swam within his orbs and you can't help but feel empty. No emotion running through you as reality hits you even harder at the sight of him.

He was here.

Taehyung was indeed in the same room with you after so many years. Why does the world have to be like this? You were fine - more than okay without him. You've learnt to live without him, so another question floods your mind.

Why the hell was he here?

"Jimin get the girl outside, "

An orange-haired man with a stoic face makes his way to you, you grip Saerin tighter when you notice the bulge of his weapon clear insight by the waist of his belt and you instantly snap.

"You aren't going to touch my daughter with that on you. No."

He sighs heavily, walking out of sight for a brief moment. You feel Saerin play with your hair, head gently placed on your shoulder in relaxation. Once his back into the room, said Jimin calls out for your daughter...without a fight - you watch her go. You were so glad that she was safe, but now you had to deal with another issue.

Kim Taehyung.

All he does is stare at you. Masking his emotions...but don't even bother to hide yours. Slowly but surely anger and irritance was filing you to the brim while you gawk at him in pure outrage. You stand to your feet, not moving a step closer as your arms crossed around your chest.

The room was silent. Your daughter's giggles barely heard in the background, you glance out the luxurious large windows to Jimin carefully throwing Saerin in the air before catching her and spinning her around.

Taehyung clears his throat , "Sit down."

You scoff. Keeping your feet glued to the ground as you mentally curse him out.

"You're in no place to make demands, "You snap, "Why am I even here? You're so sick for even involving my child."

All he does is look at you, jaw clenched tight as he starts to feel himself get irritated. You may know Taehyung but you don't know Taehyung. He was one of the most dangerous men in the country, a mafia leader whose requests have never been declined. Ad the fact that you denied following a simple demand made him so aggravated. But he needs to remain calm - you've always been the type to not tolerate bullshit. Taehyung knew if he were to mere so make anymore angrier than you were.

You would leave.

And due to the current circumstances - that can't happen. Not that he will allow you to leave anyway.

"I need to talk you , " He shrugs

"So? Who cares about what you need?"You say, tilting your head, your features stricken with confusion."Just to be clear - it's not me. I don't care."

"I don't even want to be here. I don't want to be anywhere near you. I need to go get Saerin and leave. You will not stop me. Period."

Taehyung's annoyance drops and the corner of his lips lift when he hears his daughter's name for the first time. He wondered if she had his surname or yours but considering the look that laced upon your features at the moment - it was clear as day what the answer was.

He stands, sliding his hands into his hands before steadily waltzing towards you while your feet stayed glued onto the floor. You internally cry, begging for him to keep his distance. But he doesn't, by the time the man stops in front you, he towers over your figure and crosses his arms over his chest.

"You're not going anywhere. I won't allow you to."Taehyung says calmly, "I wouldn't recommend it."

"What the fuck makes you think that I care what you say!"You snap, " You don't hold any authority over my life. You have no say in what's good for my family. So shut the hell up."

His eyebrow twitched, " Don't talk to me like that."

"Shut up!"You shout, " Shut up!"

Tears well in your eyes as the good memories flood your mind. From the second both of you first met up until the last day you remember being with him. Seeing him right now hurt. It hurt so bad that you wished that this was some sick twisted nightmare that you will soon jerk awake from. But the more you stare at him, the more it hits you that he was actually here.

"You were not there!" You croak, " You left me. How dare you walk back into my life like this? And expect me to not be angry? What the hell do you even want from me?"

Taehyung says before moving his hair for his eyes, "I can explain. I swear, I didn't mean for us to reunite like this but you need to hear me out."

You shake your head, raising your hand up to wipe away your falling tears.

"So you can lie to me? Again?" You cry, "You left me - pregnant. All on my own. With no emotional or financial support. I had to work my ass off while also attending school while my family called me out to be a disgrace. Our peers looked down on me because I got pregnant so young. I had to deal with shit all my own. You were not there. After so many years of picking myself apart and building myself back up again - what makes you think that I even want to hear what you have to say to me?"

He expected this. He expected you to be angry. But Taehyung also expected you to accepting. A lot can happen 6 years, you've been through so much but so as he. He couldn't stay. Really he couldn't. Taehyung would've been putting your life as well as Saerin's.

Taehyung did leave.

But you wouldn't be here if he stayed.