Prologue

It had already been 6 years.

Six years of happiness, pain and growth. But most importantly development. Your daughter sits with a wide grin - that's much too similar to her Father's, as all her friends surrounded the table.

The big bright pink number six candle stood lit in the middle of the creamy chocolate and vanilla cake. Her eyes lit up as she stares at her heaven. You stood with teary eyes - recording everything on to the video camera while all the little toddlers sang.

"Happy Birthday Saerin!"

Her eyes began to widen and she wiggles in her seat in excitement.

"Mommy!"She calls.

"Mom is right here baby, " You reply, zooming into her face.

"Can you help me blow out my candles?"

Ah, for a second you completely forgot that your child was short breathed. When she was 3, she couldn't blow out her candles - and boy did your daughter cry. Her eyes were all puffed up and your heart completely shattered. You give your camera to one of your friends before almost instantly darting towards Saerin, lifting her gently before placing her small fragile body close to your own.

As your arms wrap around her, you kiss her cheek over and over and over.

Allowing her adorable and enticing giggles to bounce off of the barriers of the house.

"Ready?" You ask.

She nods before starting her countdown from three. You nod your head alongside with counting before starting up to find the camera ready to capture your face. You blow out the candles and all the eager children began to beg for cake.

"Ah my baby - you're so grown up."You mumble into her ear, Saerin giggles and covers her ears.

"Mommy that tickles."She confesses.

And just like everytime you are with this child - it happens again.

Your heart flutters.

//

Your hands grow tired as you finally sweep up the last bits of colourful scrap papers. The only thing remaining was the balloons and the cardboard plates - which you were thankful that you used because if all these were replaced with dishes, you would dead.

"She is finally asleep, " Groaned Lisa." We are never giving her that much sugar ever again."

"Oh Come on, " You laugh, " -and miss that beautiful happy glow in her little eyes? Never."

Lisa scoffs in disbelief before throwing herself onto the the couch. As you stuffed the cardboard waste into the dusbin - you sigh in relief before following your best friend pursuit.

You almost fall on top of Lisa and she whines in tiresome.

Lisa watches as you stare at the wall right below the large television - which was completely unpretentious and needed no attention given to it.

All you kept thinking about was that it had been another successful year of being a single mom. You wondered how it would be if Saerin's Father would still be here. Would we have gotten married? The both of you are still fairly young.

Having your daughter at an age as young as 19.

She wasn't planned - obviously. But it was truly a blessing in disguise. Your daughter was your most prized possession and anyone who even dared to even think about taking her away from you would have to go to hell and back before trying it.

Despite how young you were - you were ready. Already making plans on being financially stable, after your mother saw how much you worked hard to make sure that you had the life that you have now. She only then helped you to be even more stable than what you were.

As much as you want to say that at the time Saerin's father was also attempting to help for the future of the baby. He did but also didn't.

Taehyung was excited - so excited to undertake Fatherhood.

You still remembered the day you even told him that you were pregnant. He was hesitant at first - but the thought of having the smaller version of you is what caused him to push for your future.

Until one day - he just packed up, and left.

No justification whatsoever.

You thought that he'd come back, being as patient as you could ever be, whilst everyone around you fumed. Thinking that his actions were feeble and pathetic.

When you gave birth - that was the wake up call that you needed.

The realisation that you were on your own. And sadly be a single momma - it took a long time to stop being so hurt over it. Now whenever it gets brought your attention - you get angry.

How could he?

How could he paint this picture of how our perfect our lives would be in the future - just so he can't just get up and leave. The both you created a child together.

A living being.

The most beautiful and precious living being that you know.

And now she is turning six. Til this day - Saerin doesn't even know who her Father is. But you think you've done enough for her to be happy. To fill that void in her heart that wants a Father.

"I'm proud of you, " Lisa smiles gently.

You take your heated gaze before sighing heavily and turning scantily to face her.

"Why?"

"You have built a beautiful home, also raising a beautiful, smart and adorable baby girl. You worked hard to accomplish the life of having your own car - also being financially prepared for the future. All on your own. Only being 25."

You plaster a tight lipped smile on your face.

"Well I had to sacrifice my social life. I lost a lot of things - people, " You mumble, " But I wouldn't change it for the world."

"Also, "You continue, " Why was I supposed to do? Sulk over Taehyung for 6 years? I can't be so dependant on him - his not even here. I have someone whose dependant on me, Saerin. And no matter what. I will stick by her side and I will never leave her like she's nothing. "

Never.

"I'll never break her heart the same way he broke mine."