Twelve

You can't help but feel empty. The emotional wave that you have been in for the past few days was starting to wear you out. You were so sick and tired of the situation. Something deep inside of you wishing that someone would just pinch you to aggressively wake you up from this wicked nightmare.

This was so sick.

All of it made you contemplate it all on how you feel and you are angry. So angry. You can feel the rage boiling within your blood everytime you even thought back to what he has done.

Worst part of it all is that this man was avoiding you like a plague. Nothing and absolutely nothing could stop this fury train, but everytime you would get distracted. Saerin's voice was enough to make your day, nothing was effective the same way she was.

You begin to be so grateful that you birthed such an intelligent, adorable yet giggly baby girl. Without her here — you just wouldn't be sane.

With a heavy sigh, your fingers hold a fork as you begin some of the left over dinner from the previous night. The remote on the other hand while you begin to relax. It was most probably almost 7 in the morning, the sky bright but the sun still rising.

You wanted to sit on your balcony but the air was awfully cold and you didn't want to wake up Saerin.

You settle on watching Ice Age, knowing your daughters schedule that she was most probably going to wake up halfway through the movie. You place your back on their sofa, lowering your posture to get comfortable.

You hear steps coming from the stairs. They are strong and steady, yet slow and calculated. Whoever was walking down was most definitely wearing hard shoes because each time they had made contact with the wooden floor. You don't even think twice about it, forcing your fork into the food and taking a bite.

"You're up early."

Taehyung fixes the cuffs in his dress shirt, tugging at them gently as he looks at the back of your head.

"I'm an early bird." You mumble.

He pushes his hands deep within his pockets. Watching you continue to eat the meal, you don't even bother looking back at him at all. Something within wishes that you could turn around. To have your eyes on him again.

But this time he won't shy away, Taehyung promised himself that.

"I could've sworn you were a night owl."

You freeze, looking over your shoulder and no longer paying mind to the movie anymore.

"People change."

An awkward silence lingers between both of you. There's so much that Taehyung wanted to say to you but doesn't know how. The worst part was that you also had to a lot to say. Alot to ask.  You just wanted answers to heal your confused self from the past.

Being alone with Saerin allowed you to come face to face with your thoughts constantly. All those moments where you didn't feel good enough, undesired.

Alone.

It took so much mental strength for you to comfortably handle everything on your own. And as much as you didn't want to admit it. There is a solid reason as to why you haven't been in relationship since Taehyung left.