Fourteen

Taehyung

The music plays softly in the club, everything dark in color as the main floor was empty. After having a long talk with the men, I had made my decision to follow Jungkook's advice, before I could want to fix you, and I - I have to fix the situation I mindlessly put you in.

My eyes examine the short clear glass filled with whiskey, watching the way the ice gently dances against each other. I almost smile at the 2 melting cubes as they melt together, but my thoughts get interrupted when I feel someone aggressively sit on the stool beside me.

Their breathing is a clear indication that they have just run here.

"Sir," He starts, causing me to look at him calmly.

His eyes are wide, chest heaving and I can only look at him. It is very scarce for my men to come to me frantically, so his attitude is making me impatient. If he doesn't start talking I will get up and leave. He knows where to find me.

"I don't have all day." I remind him.

"It's Wang,"

And I almost get annoyed, "What the fuck does he want?"

"Word on the street is that he wants his guard, the one that you took."

Oh, the in one I killed. The one whose blood stains my hands. The same guard confessed that Wang tried to steal from me. I scoff. Jackson has the nerve, first, he tries to steal my merchandise and now he was making demands on my turf.

This is honestly too pathetic and I have enough on my plate.

"Is that all?" I say taking a sip of the intoxicating drink.

"He is coming to the club with your father on Friday to come to get him."

The anger is too quick, pulsing so fast that my hands squeeze the short glass so hard that it breaks. The shards splatter all over the bar counter, forcing the bartender to hurriedly clean up my mess. But I can't even think.

My father and Jackson? Both of them in my territory call for a shitshow. The worst part of it all is that I have a gut feeling that this meeting is more than just wanting a stupid guard.

They are indeed looking for a person - but it's not that pitiful snitch they claim as their own. You have been living under my roof for some time, and I think they have now started to realize that the reason they can't even find you is that you're with me.

And hell shall rise and burn every single inch of this world before I ever allow anyone else to touch you, let alone take you away from me.

Take Saerin away me.

I should have fought for you. I should've fought for my family but the past will only be passed. Now I have power, I have goals. These are the only things I could ever need to be able to protect you away from him.

Him.

My neck tenses, forcing my injured hand to try and massage the tension away, the moist feeling of the blood being smeared onto my neck and the side of my face don't phase me. If he wants to meet me that means he wants to meet you.

How was I going to convince you to come with me without sounding ignorant? I know what you wanted from me but I'm not ready to give it to you.

I'm not one to fear many things however from the day I left your 9-month pregnant self sleeping, I knew the fear of you and my father ever meeting was one fear I was never going to be able to conquer. Now I must prepare to tell a story that I'm not ready to say.