[Part2] ⤀ 25] A Nursing Shark

Start from the beginning

Eros is losing his mind.

I tentatively follow, after arriving back at the Island under an hour ago and dressing in a light blue net wrap, to feel the breeze since it was a hot and balmy night. I had stared at my flat stomach for a while, feeling a heat within – a pregnant kind of warmth.

I knew on instinct my sisters did not lie.

I was pregnant, I was just unable to accept that the father was... well... I could accept it.

But could Eros?

Blade succeeded in fertilising my damn eggs before my own mate could.

I walk silently through the hospital with Eros, until we make it just outside.

He briefly makes his way to a garden porch over-looking the Village centre, where most of the activities are being staged. I walk up next to him and look down to see the whole Erebos Clan being put through small tests of camaraderie. Some are made to do jobs like waiting or massaging, while some are made to dance and entertain. All look tortured to some degree, but all are in acceptance of the hurdles they must cross to gain trust on the Island.

"...soon the balance will be restored... this is your home too..." I try to murmur something normal, kind and sweet. Eros is standing a hand away from me, but he looks toward the sky and he seems to be thinking inward for once, in a philosophical way.

"I am fucking terrified," Eros looks back down to the public, "I have been running from this reunion my whole life, I attempted to be a mortal Lord, to be a predator in solitude at times, I tried being a pirate and a lover of many pretty faces... then I tried burning down the place I rather not face... but yet... here I am, doing the one thing I didn't want. I could not escape this end. I had to come back to the pain," where he lost his mum and dad, his family, his established Clan, his history and his rights. I say nothing, since it is his story and reflection, plus it's so rare to see Eros both so shaken and so calm at the same time. Eros eventually shakes himself out of his mind, to turn toward me and I face him also, curious of his intent, "...how was your day out at sea...?" Eros asks very pointedly, while staring at my stomach.

Did he know?

"Great," I lie, while Eros continues to stare downward, "Why are you looking at my belly?" I ask outright.

"...she told me you were pregnant with Blade's baby..." Eros chokes up and looks away momentarily, "I am a damn fool, now you must have his child before I can impregnate you with a thousand of mine."

"A thousand? Very funny," I reply calmly, but who the hell told Eros before I could? I grab his arm and he focuses on me again, "May I ask who told you this news – before even I was told?" I question.

"My mother," Eros whispers, unexpectedly, "Diana."

Oh, "Did you use your Drift Pendants, to call to the dead?" I ask, softly.

Eros nods, "She said I will be a great father and I have been a wreck of it since. I am barely able to imagine being a father. I want to be the best that ever was. Can you understand the pressure I am under, Lily? I am the best. Now I need to prove it beyond me. I need to be there for another. Can you imagine caring so much for another?"

"Hey. I needed you here for me, this whole time," I whisper in a hiss, pointing at my chest, "Me. I'm important too."

Eros smirks now, showing off his precious evil fangs, "...I know... I said that to be annoying... I make you angry so I can see you angry... I love you red and blushing with blood, so I may feast, if I could serenade the blood out of you I would... I'd love to have you selfishly, forever, my blood bag, my –"

"Shut up. You do, although you haven't sung anything to me in a while," I roll my eyes, genuinely missing it, if I must be honest.

Eros' eyes widen at the realisation he has not sung an enchanting tune to seduce me for a damn long time, and he quickly snarls, "All in swift time. First, I must do a special favour for Trish – I will return very soon, and whence I have returned... you and I will fuck until dawn, in a rock pool, just you, me and..." Eros points to my belly, "His little cunt."

"Hey, don't be so awful rude," I snap at Eros, but he's already waltzing away smirking, his mind on other things, "You're not allowed to be on your own! You need to be escorted!"

"Oh, I will be," Eros sing songs back to me, with his rough snarl now back in full force, his ocean blue eyes turning with his head, looking over his shoulder to entrance me with his sweet poetry and his poison promises as he leaves me with something to think about, "...Lily... my breeding whale – soon you will be fat like a seal, a pregnant seal, mine to fuck, my babes will fit in that belly too, I assure you...! See you soon, eat for two..." Eros chuckles, the sound also musical and perfect despite him and his foul mouth.

"Stupid fucking shark," I whisper, blushing a little bit with my hand on my belly, "What the hell are you up to now?"