[BF:U|Ricky Goldsworth x Reader] Surprise Visit

Written: Tuesday, 2nd April 2020

"Get to your knees, hands in the air!" Alarms blared as the ornate doors of the bank slammed open, three figures, clad in black, burst in, semi-automatics pointed at the frightened patrons. "I said... GET DOWN!" Shots were fired into the ceiling, showering the room with dust, screams echoing as people dropped to their knees, covering their heads as the roof cracked above them.

As the men moved in, a young woman took her chance. Removing her heels, she made a run for it, hoping she could make it to the door, that she could alert someone, anyone. Exactly 7 bullets whizzed past her, one clipping her wrist, stopping her dead in her tracks, heart thundering in her chest. She slowly raised her hands behind her head, turning to look the men in the eyes, keeping a brave face, despite the tears threatening to give her up. She closed her eyes, turning her head slightly as she readied herself.

The man stepped back slightly. "You idiot, you hurt her! The boss is gonna have your head!" The other member seemed to faulter slightly, whispering a prayer.

"Woah, woah, what do you mean, your boss is gonna hurt you?" Y/n spoke up, now slightly intrigued as to why they hadn't put a bullet between her eyes.

"There's a list of people we can't touch. You are high on that list; the boss really likes you." He turned to his colleagues. "Empty the safe, I'll call a driver."

"Woah, woah, I'm not going anywhere with you. You're criminals for god's sake!" She was shaking, half with laughter, half with fear.

"The boss has been meaning to get in touch, you'll be fine. He'd never hurt you and neither can we. Now, there's gonna be a car outside when we release the bank, get into it. They'll be guy there to patch you up and take you in. No one can hurt you; we know the consequences."

"Who is this "boss" you keep referring to?"

"Ricky Goldsworth." Y/n's voice caught in her throat, memories flooding back as she slowly lowered her hands, turning to fully face the gang.

"Tell him, I'm on my way."

[TIME SKIP]

"We're here, miss." Y/n stepped nervously out of the luxurious car that had delivered her to an abandoned warehouse in the middle of the countryside.

"Well. This is definitely the part where I get murdered." She muttered under her breath, pushing the door shut and looking to her rather tall escort. "I wish you didn't take my bag, I'll be real honest."

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that. We need this place to be off the grid, think of it as the safehouse. We keep our injured, our guests and of course, our boss, here." The taller man said, beginning to lead her through the building. "I'm Scott, by the way, in case you need me."

"Nice to meet you, Scott. You know, you guys are surprisingly polite."

"We pride ourselves on being kind to our friends, cruel to our enemies, and indifferent to everyone in between." He pushed open a large metal door, rusting and broken, leading to a dark staircase. "I'll keep an eye on the door, you go down, someone will escort you."

"Yea, thanks, Scott." She gave him a quick smile before stepping onto the seemingly endless stairwell as her world plunged into darkness.

Her heartrate rocketed as thoughts bounced around her skull, nervously buzzing as she stood in the inky black. The darkness, though, only lasted a few moments before blinding fluorescent lights bathed the room in a clinical white that reminded her of a hospital room. She blinked reflexively, eyes watering, her head desperately trying to adjust to the sudden change as she tip-toed down the stairs, the metal creaking beneath her.