[GF|Bill Cipher x Reader] A Deal of Life and Death

Written: Monday, 30 July 2018

Y/n POV

It was done. A bright blue light shone up from the hastily drawn summoning circle and a figure began to materialize before my eyes, clad in a yellow brick-patterned suit. His uncovered eye opened to reveal a cat-like pupil, before he looked around, assessing his environment. "Well, well, well. This place is new." He said aloud in a slightly distorted voice, before turning to me. "Names Bill Cipher, but I'm guessing you already know that! So, who are you? Tell me about yourself!" I must've looked uncertain because he sighed. "Come on kid! I won't bite!" "Y/n L/n, 16 years old, 17 next month." His eye seemed to widen slightly, in shock or malice I couldn't decipher. "You sure are small for a 16 year old, you look like you haven't eaten in weeks! Have... have you eaten in weeks?" I cast my eyes downward. He shook his head. "Well, with that out of the way, what do ya need?" I looked up at him. "It's... my sister. She's in hospital a-and they want to take her off life support tomorrow evening!" My voice grew wobbly as I got to my knees. "Please, I begging you, help her get better. She's only 11, too young to die!" Tears threatened to spill before Bill said, "Hey, please don't cry. It makes me extremely uncomfortable... Listen, I don't have anything for your end of the bargain at the moment. You mind if I take an IOU?" I shook my head and got up from my knees, practically throwing my arms around him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I felt a small pat on my back and pulled away from him, wiping the tears that had started to trail down my cheeks.

"So, you gonna lead the way or..." He said. I pulled a flashlight from my back pocket, pointing it towards myself. I pressed the button, shrinking to the size of a mouse. Bill held his hand out and brought me up to his ear so I could talk. "I'm not exactly well liked here. Do you want to join me down here or I can direct you from your shoulder, if you'd like." He seemed to ponder this, before placing me on a nearby branch. In the blink of an eye, his suit was a black hoodie with yellow bricks outlined along the bottom, paired with blue jeans and sneakers. He looked at me, the only thing that remained unchanged was his eye. "How do I look?" He said, pulling his hood up and placing my on his shoulder behind the edge of the fabric. I assured him he looked great before we set off.

When we arrived at the hospital, we climbed through my sister's window. Bill placed me on the floor and unshrunk me, before I turned to her bed. She was in a medically induced coma, unable to see or hear me. But I spoke anyway as Bill stood in the corner awkwardly. "Hey sis. Sorry it's been so long, but I found a guy who can help you. We're gonna get you out of here, we're gonna run away and never look back." I placed my forehead to hers, before realizing there was a small ringing in my ears, a constant tone. I got up to look at her monitor to see that she had gone. They'd unplugged her overnight and didn't even tell me. Tears tore down my face in waterfalls as I begged and screamed for her to come back. For her to be by my side again. Heavy footsteps sounded outside the door as Bill dragged me back out through the window as I kicked at his legs, punched at his head. Nothing fazed him. We sunk down under the windowsill as the doctor walked in. "Patient #785, S/n L/n, pronounced dead at 3:05am."

Tears fell harder as he left the room, my body ached to scream. Bill took hold of my hand and in a flash we were back in the forest. I screamed at the top of my lungs, wishing the world would burn with me. Why did they take her, why did they do it early? Sobs racked my shaking body as I fell to the floor, curling up into a ball. A presence sat next to me and Bill began to play with my hair, just calmly. I started to focus on my breathing, in for 4 seconds, hold it for 7 seconds and out for 8 seconds. I rolled over and clung to him as he pulled me into his lap. "It's all going to be ok, Moonstone. She's at peace now." I nodded, tears still streaming down my cheeks. "I can't resurrect her, but I can bring her back for one last chat, if you'd like." I hugged him. "Yes please..."

We both stood up and he began chanting some random words, as a ghostly figure materialized. She was still wearing her favourite dress, her eyes still had life in them as she looked at me. I ran toward her as she threw herself into my arms. "Y/n, I'm scared." I held her close, rubbing her back. "I know you are S/n. But you're going to be ok, you're going to live with Nan and Pop. Remember how Nan's cookies were always your favourite? You'll finally get to taste them again." She looked up at me, tears in her deep brown eyes. "What's going to happen to you?" I chuckled slightly. "I'll join you soon enough." I placed my forehead against hers. "I love you, S/n..." "I love you too, Y/n."

Her figure faded out and I wiped the tears from my eyes, turning to face Bill. "Thanks, I really needed that." He nodded and I put my arms around him. I smiled when I felt his arms wrap around me, embracing me back.

We pulled away and my heart dropped. "Am I ever going to see you again?" I asked, a pit growing in my stomach. "Well, it would be rude not to come back and visit my favourite human in the multiverse. You'll see me as often as I can be here." My eyes lit up. "I'd like that." Bill stepped forward, placing a kiss on my cheek. "But for now, I need to go. See you later, Moonstone." A flash of light and he was gone. I was left with a childish grin plastered across my face as I climbed up my tree, using the flashlight to shrink myself and crawl into my home.