[Jacksepticeye x Child Reader] Family

Written: Friday, 5 January 2018

Y/n POV

"Y/n! Get your ass down here, I'm home!" My father burst in the door, slurring his words. I slid down the stair railing. I didn't care if I fell, it would be better than this hell hole of a life.

"Hello dad." I said emotionlessly, I wasn't going to let him know he was getting to me. This was the 5th time this week he had come home drunk. He used to be a great father, before Mum died. I reckon she was the only thing keeping him sane. She was out at dinner with some friends and when she left, she walked home. She was mugged and decided to try and fight the person. That cost her life and it drove my dad over the edge. He became a broken man, taking his anger and sadness on me. A tear escaped from my eye, trailing down my cheek.

I must have spaced out while he was talking as I was shocked back into reality, by a hard slap to the cheek.

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME YOU LITTLE BITCH?" I gasped, holding my cheek. I began to laugh.

"I'm done. I'm done with this shit. I'm done with being your slave, your punching bag, EVERYTHING. I'm gone." I ran up the stairs into my room, locking the door behind me. It was summer luckily for me, so the sun would be up soon. Piling a few pairs of clothes, my phone, headphones and 100 dollars Aunt Grace sent me for my birthday into a bag, I climbed down the towering tree next to my window. My father burst out of the front door.

"GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE AND FOLD THE LAUNDRY!" I flipped him off and ran. I ran and I didn't look back.

I turned into an alleyway, practically throwing myself against the wall and sliding to the ground. I needed to find a place to stay for the night, so I headed to the nearest apartment complex to look for a shelter. Pretty sure my cousin Mason lives pretty close; I'll see if I can crash with him and cousin Mabel.

When I made it to their apartment, I was absolutely exhausted. I knocked on the door as loud as I could, to let them know I was there. I put my ear against the door, listening for any signs that they were in. No signs of life could be heard from the apartment. I was confused and decided to call Mabel. After a few rings, she picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey Mabel, it's Y/n. Are you home?"

"Oh, hi Y/n! I'm sorry no... Mason and I are out in Oregon for the holidays. We'll be home in a few weeks. Is everything ok?"

"Yea everything's fine Mabel. I was just gonna pop in on ya. Have a mysterious time, ya know what that town can be like. Say hi to Tracey and Quattro for me."

"Will do, Y/n! BUH BAIIIIII-" and I hung up.

I sighed, collapsing to the floor. Tears began to blur my vision and my cheeks started to burn. Where am I supposed to go now? I thought to myself. I grabbed my phone out of my bag and began to check my Tumblr. I was on a phan blog (a cute fluffy one, no smut ya pervs). All the fan art of Dan and Phil with Dil and Tabitha, it was getting to me.

I walked to the end of the hall and stared out the large window that looked over the now sunny park. There were kids playing on the playground with their friends, young couples with babies taking a walk and families at the small café in the middle of the park. All those happy families. I wish I could be one of those kids, but I would never wish my life upon anyone. I sat on the windowsill staring into the abyss.

I heard a door of an apartment open. I turned to see a young couple, a man with dark hair and a woman with beautiful green eyes, walked out laughing and chatting with each other. I sat there staring at the couple until the man turned to me. "Are you doing ok?" I was surprised by the question; I must have looked miserable staring at them and to be honest I felt miserable. I pulled a huge fake smile.