[AHWM|Yancy x Reader] I Just Wanna Be Free

HEAVY SPOILER WARNING FOR A HEIST WITH MARKIPLIER!! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT, PLEASE WATCH THAT FIRST, IT'S SUPER GOOD!

I just... really love Yancy, ok? Let me know if you want a Part 2!

Written: Saturday, 9th November 2019

Bzz. Bzz. Y/n's phone vibrated gently across her bedside table, the screen disturbing the quiet darkness of the room. Her eyes flickered open as she lazily snatched her phone up, answering the call. "Go for Y/n." She mumbled; her mind still foggy with sleep.

"Hey, Y/n. I know it's late and all, but I need your help with something. Can you meet up tomorrow? I know you've got your daughter and all but... its urgent. I wouldn't call if it wasn't." Mark's equally tired voice echoed over the line, shaking Y/n awake just the smallest bit.

"Yea, I know Mark but-" She stopped, a yawn erupting from her mouth. "-did you have to call at 4 in the morning?"

"Can you come?"

"Yea, I'll drop Elena at school around 8-ish. Café at 9?" She idly scratched a mosquito bite on her collar bone, toying with her pajama top.

"Sounds good. Get some sleep, you're going to need it." He teased, his words slurring slightly as the piercing dial tone cut him off.

Placing her phone back on the table, she sat up and padded across to her bedroom door, wandering aimlessly until she reached her 7-year old daughter's room. She stood in the doorway, calmly watching Elena's chest rise and fall, her arms wound tight around a stuffed dragon that Mark had given her for her birthday only a few weeks before. Y/n smiled gently, carefully crossing the room, avoiding the creaky floorboard and placing a tender peck on Elena's head, before stepping out, pulling the door almost shut behind her.

She shuffled back to her own dark bedroom, falling into her now cold bed and pulling the covers around her. She checked her phone one last time before turning over and letting her eyes droop shut, drifting into a dreamless sleep.

Morning came and Y/n was woken by her own personal alarm clock in the form of her daughter, burrowing under the covers at 6:30am, exactly. Y/n grinned as she wrapped an arm around her daughter, kissing her forehead. "G'morning, sunshine. Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast?" Elena's eyes lit up as she scrambled out from under the blanket, dragging Y/n behind her to their small kitchen. Elena hopped up onto a stool at the island and Y/n began the pancakes, pouring exactly a scoop and a half of mini chocolate chips into their regular, store bought pancake mix.

She dropped two onto Elena's plate, serving herself a few as well. Friday was the one day a week they ate these pancakes and Y/n's heart almost burst with happiness watching her daughter gobble down her meal and walk over to the dishwasher, carefully putting the used plate into their rundown dishwasher. Y/n did the same, ruffling Elena's hair as they both went to get dressed for the day.

Elena glanced at the clock, 7:30, time to go! "Mumma! We gotta go!" Y/n emerged from the bathroom, hair still slightly ruffed up, but nice enough for the café, anyway. She smiled softly down at her daughter who tugged her out the door to where the car stood, throwing her bag in the backseat and plopping down next to it. Elena pulled the seatbelt securely across her torso, Y/n checking it twice before finally getting in the front seat.

"What should we put on today, pumpkin?" Y/n asked, pointing to the small collection of CDs they kept in the door. Elena beamed and pretended to think for a moment before yelling excitedly,

"Frozen!"

Y/n thought she would go crazy if she heard Let It Go one more time but seeing her daughters face and hearing her silly singing voice echo through the car made it worth the repeats. So, reluctantly she smiled, pushing play on the Frozen CD, still in the player from yesterday.