EPILOGUE:

One week living with Dinah has made me want to rip my hair out.

Fast food boxes laying around the house, underwear laid on the floor, and vodka bottles in every corner. Did she live with wolves? Geez, even Doug is cleaner than her. Yes, I am complaining because she doesn't clean and she leaves everything for me to clean up.

Aggravating.

I pushed the button and open the microwave to retrieve my burrito, bean, and cheese, slamming the door to it closed I snatched up mild taco sauce and ranch dressing before moving to sit on the barstool that faced the living room from the kitchen.

I have to say, it was great to be back in Alabama. Living with Dani was a pain but somehow we managed to live in the same house.

But, I can't complain too much she has helped me since I started getting sick.

Nauseated, and staying hungry, my job was on the line because I was so nauseated of the morning I miss going in to work. I don't know but I think it is a virus.

I sat at the table eating my burrito as the door opened. Dini came in carrying a plastic grocery bag, I watched as she walked into the living room and started taking things out. Pepsi, Lil' Debbies, a pregnancy test, and ketchup for the meatloaf I was making for dinner.

It wasn't easy living with Dini since she requested the meatloaf for dinner and I hated meatloaf-

Wait a minute, I thought to myself as I stood from my chair and walked over to Dini. I picked up the pregnancy test and gave her a questioning look.

"Something I don't know about?"

Dini pursed her lips as she looked at me "I need you to take this test so you can assure me that it is just the flu and nothing happened on vacation" she said with a concerned tone which worried me a bit.

"Dinah-"

"Do it. Please."

I went silent for a moment then simply nodded my head before heading to the bathroom, I closed the door behind me and went to the sink, I put the test on the counter and took out the little strip that I had to pee on.

This is just embarrassing, all to please my cousin.

After I did the deal, I put the test on the sink counter and washed my hands, looking at the box to see the timing results.

I walked out of the bathroom and glared at my cousin "It's on the sink. Waiting to prove you wrong." I walked toward my burrito and finished it up as Dini started counting the minutes to the test finishing, I rolled my eyes at her and picked up my phone seeing a new message.

Sawyer: How are you today?

A smile crept up onto my face as I looked at the screen, I replied with a simple 'fine and you?' before Dini took off for the bathroom, tired of waiting. I slowly made my way after her as I checked the schedule for my college this year.

"Did you know that I start my main courses this year? Like the main things I need to know?" I asked Dini as I walked to the doorway and leaned on it, I looked up from my phone to see Dini turning to look at me wide-eyed. I raised an eyebrow "What?"

Then she showed me the test and I dropped my phone.

"Shit" I whispered at the two pink lines showing. I looked at Dini and then back to the test, the fun I had this summer had come to bite me on the ass.

Dini was right, it wasn't a virus or the flu.

I was pregnant.

(Reminder: Read Matters of the Heart before moving on to book 2 a

(Reminder: Read Matters of the Heart before moving on to book 2 a.k.a The Tennessee SKy!)