Part 25. Kiss Me

Oh, I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN DO THIS, I THINK I HAVE forgotten how to be sexy or cute.

I paced in front of Sawyer's door, my converse wearing a hole in the hotel hall carpet, dressed in blue jean shorts Daisy Duke would be proud of and a white top that Dinah had picked out for me. I rolled my head from side to side and stomped my foot.

Damn it.

My hand raised to knock on the door and it opened automatically, Sawyer ran out almost knocking me down. He caught me before I could fall, and I was in his arms. Or should I say muscular arms? Would that be cliche? 'Cause this guy was built like a freaking train!

"I am so sorry," he said in a rush as he set me up on my feet, I looked up at his face and saw he looked a cross of worried and frustrated. My mind went into a haze as I stared at him.

I guess that was why these next words popped out of my mouth, huh?

"Don't worry, you can run me over any time." Oh my sweet Jesus, did I just say that? That sounded like something Dinah would say!

I was sure my eyes were wide and I was blushing by the way he was cracking a smile looking down at me; I cleared my throat and tried to hide the blush that was rising worse onto my face.

"I did not mean to say that. How it sounded-" his laugh interrupted me as he took me by the hand and pulled me inside, I watched as he shut the door and walked back over to me. Sawyer had looked concerned and frustrated a second ago, and now he looked happy and arrogant.

I think his moods were changing just as much as mine has been.

"If you were going somewhere, I can always come back" I offered while my mind was still on his expression from just a moment ago.

He shrugged it off, "It's good. I just forgot to order pizza and was trying to get the number. My room doesn't have a phone book" he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and waved it in his face. He looked confused.

"Google. It can look up any pizza places from here to Atlanta, possibly even further. Don't you have a phone?"

He awkwardly took something off the dresser and showed it to me: a simple grey flip phone.

That made me smile, simple like him. "I'll order. Anything in particular you want on it?" I asked him as I googled a pizza place, I hit the call number and looked at him.

"Pepperoni. Get some garlic bread on the side." He went to the TV and looked through a stack of DVD's the hotel had for guests.

I ordered the pizza and bread, then gave them the hotel number. I hung up the phone and turned to find Sawyer holding up two movies: Back to the Future and Dirty Dancing. Both being two excellent choices and they both were in second place in my top five movies at number three. He shrugged as he held the movies.

"These are the only two good choices over there," he said, I looked at both movies and pointed to Back to the Future, he gave a nod and put it in the DVD player, I sat on the couch and watched him look into the mini-refrigerator.

Okay, Elizabeth, Dinah has given you tip after tip all day about how to act in these situations. She even told you how to cross your legs right. Ugh, I am not cut out for this sexy shit. Step one, look sexy.

Yeah, right?

I crossed my leg over my knee and sunk back into the couch as he handed me a canned coke; I smiled as she showed me, eyes half-closed and almost sending a wink while smiling cute, I watched as he looked at me confused and sat down beside me.