Part 27. Surfing Contest

THE MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT MY COUSIN? She doesn't like secrets. Especially if it is me with a secret.

"Tell me, please? I tell you about mine all the time."

I sent an annoyed look at my cousin and put a hand to my face, "Yeah. And I don't want to know about it" I told her as I picked up a Winnie the Pooh shirt from my pile of clothes and went to the bathroom to change. She groaned as she landed on her back on the bed.

"At least tell me if he is an excellent kisser!" she shouted as I shut the bathroom door. I rolled my eyes at her as I sat my clothes on the sink counter and started my shower water. As much as I would really enjoy talking to my hyped-up on coffee cousin, I really felt the need for a long hot shower.

My heart was still flying away out of my chest from being with Sawyer, I was giddy for the first time in forever, every time I think back on the smiles we share and moments of him holding my hand, I couldn't help but feel like a teenager again.

He made me feel like a teenager like I was at that 'first time for everything' stage again.

I shaved, washed, and got out of the shower. I blew my hair dry as I brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom in my shorts and shirt to see Dinah sitting on the bed watching Nickelodeon.

"I would tell you but I can't explain it. He makes me feel something I haven't felt in forever, Dinah."

She looked up from the TV and smiled as I walked forward and sat on her bed, I was smiling "The way he smiles at me is like I am the only person around, how he holds my hand sends shivers up my arm and heat to my hand when he kisses me I get a tingle in my stomach that feels like happiness. My heart explodes when he wants to talk about me and not himself all the time," I put a hand to my head "Am I going crazy?" I asked her.

Dinah had a grin on her face as she shook her head at me, "No, you aren't crazy. You are in love" she told me, simple as that.

It made me feel nauseous but at the same time, I felt hope. Maybe my grandma is right and there is another person out there for me, and just maybe it was Sawyer Montgomery.

A knock came on the door and Dinah rolled her eyes standing from the bed "Yes?" She said as she opened the door, she stopped when she saw a badge held out and that made me stand up from the bed.

"Elizabeth Maywatcher?"

I walked towards the door "That would be me" I said and crossed my arms as I looked at the two officers "Is something wrong?"

One of them held out his hand. He was tall and skinny with a brown mustache; he was also bald.

"I am officer Donaldson, this is Officer Foger. We have a few questions about a William Thornwell that you filed a warrant on."

Oh geez, I stepped to the side and motioned for them to come in "Come on in. I can answer almost anything about him" I said with a sigh as they nodded and stepped into the hotel room, Dinah walked over towards me and held her hands up.

"What the hell? It isn't like we got donuts to give away, Lil."

I sent a glare at Dini and shook my head at her "Shush. They just have a few questions for me" I told her as I walked into the room and sat on the bed, Dinah stayed where she was, rolling her eyes and mumbling to herself.

Officer Donaldson cleared his throat as he looked at me, "Ms. Maywatcher. We understand that William is your ex-boyfriend, correct?" I nodded my head and his partner wrote in a notepad, Donaldson sighed, "And you filed a warrant on him for abuse? Threats?"

I gripped my hands tightly together as I felt like I could go down to the Police station to find Will and strangle the life out of him. No matter where I go, that man causes me misery and pain. I didn't want to do this to him, but he deserved it.

My eyes looked up to officer Donaldson, and I took a breath before releasing it "Look, let me tell you this straight. Will and I had a pleasant relationship at the start. When we got to college together, he started acting weird, and eventually, everything went haywire. He liked to hit me in the face, he busted my head into his dorm room door and claimed he threw something at it by accident so he wouldn't get in trouble with the R.A after I broke up with him a couple of months ago, he started making threats about how if I ever met another person, or done anything sexual with another person, that he would kill me. I want him locked up and far away from me, who wouldn't?" I told them and crossed my arms, "He was my first love, and to be emotionally and physically abused by him, it hurt. I want him far, far away from me. I don't care where he goes as long as he never comes around me again. The man needs help, who knows at the future women he will treat like that if he does not get help. I just know it won't ever be me again."

Both men looked at each other as Dinah looked proud of my words. The men nodded at each other before looking at me.

"Ms. Maywatcher, we understand that people like this can cause a lot of stress. We will set up a court date and let you know when. We will send a letter to your house."

"It would be my parent's address. I am no longer at the University."

Officer Donaldson raised an eyebrow "But, you told us just last week that you would be at the University of-" I waved a hand at him and crossed my arms.

"Trust me. I will no longer be attending. I will look at other universities. It is too much of a risk to go back there and Will know exactly where I will be," I explained to him. He nodded his head in understanding as he held a hand out to me.

"Understandable. We will be in touch."

I shook his hand and sent the two officers out the door before turning away and looking at Dinah, who raised an eyebrow as she watched me. "Are you seriously not going back to college?" She asked as I walked over to my bed and sat down on it, I put my hands to my head and massaged it as a headache formed.

"At this point? I don't know what to do. All I know is that the surf competition is tomorrow and I really need to get rid of this major headache before then."

(Question of the day: Favorite Summer Activity?)