Part 16. Pontoon

"DOUG HAS RENTED A DAMN PONTOON BOAT. I am not going out on that thing with him driving, dad always said that boy was never meant to drive boats."

I had just finished sending a message to my mother about this guy I had met, Sawyer; I didn't want her to know all bout him just yet. She could be nosy when she wanted to be. I looked at Dinah and raised an eyebrow.

"Should I have told my parents I love them and goodbye?"

She rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms, "This is serious, Lily. Doug will kill us if he drives this thing!" she said as a knock came on the door. I stretched my arms up over my head and looked up at the ceiling, I was lying down on my back looking up at the ceiling when Dinah cleared her throat causing me to look over.

Sawyer stood there smiling while Doug stood out in the hall with his arms crossed. I smiled back as I stood up from the bed and walked over to the boys, I grabbed my purse from the dresser as I made my way over and stood in front of Sawyer.

"Hi," he said, looking down at me. I hooked my crossbody over my head and smiled back at him.

"Hey."

Dinah groaned as she shut the door and looked at us "Okay, we get it. You two had a good time and now you are happy to see each other" she said, annoyed as she looked at her brother "Let's go get killed by my brother's stupid ass driving."

With that, she turns on her heel which caused all of us to look after her either amused or confused. Doug was both as he followed after his sister.

"My driving isn't that bad."

I laughed as Zeke walked to catch up with him and Dinah, Sawyer offered me his hand, I took his hand in mine as we started to walk.

Sawyer was ... something else, and the fact that he called me early this morning to ask if I was okay (And if Dinah had come back last night) made me feel a little giddy. He was a dream and I never want to wake up from it.

"So, have you decided to enter that surfing thing?"

I looked up at him trying not to laugh "The contest, you mean?" I said with a short laugh causing him to smile and nod. I shrugged as we caught up to the other three "I don't know. It's a possibility."

Dini was almost punching the button on the elevator as her brother laughed "What's wrong sis? No guy wanted to take you home with them?" he joked, she turned around and was about to say something when the doors opened and a family of four stepped off. She glared at her brother as we stepped on the elevator.

"I hate you."

This made me laugh as the elevator started going down, I was yet against squished into Sawyer with Doug pressed upfront to the doors, Dini was beside me and I was trying not to squish her. But, I didn't mind being squished into Sawyer.

He smiled down at me as the doors opened and we walked out of the elevator when we rounded the corner to the entrance/exit I saw the same teenage girls from the other day at the surfing table. I looked up at Sawyer then at the table the girls sat at.

I sighed as I shook my head "I'll make ya a deal" I told him as we walked through the hotel "I will enter the contest if you will."

We stopped before we reached the doors and he raised an eyebrow at me "Why me? You already got Doug-boy signed up as competition" he said making me laugh. I shook my head and looked up at him.

"Doug isn't the one- look that's the deal, storyteller. Take it or leave it" I told him, taking the sign-up sheet the girls had given me from my crossbody bag and shaking it at Sawyer, he looked at me then at the paper for a moment thinking.