Part 8. Girl Power

HOW I GET MYSELF IN THESE POSITIONS, I will never know.

I was arm-wrestling Doug after he remarked that he was stronger than me or Dinah. As soon as our elbows hit the table and our hands collided, we attempted to smack talk with the other and push at their hands.

This has been going on for one hour now.

Zeke, who was our referee, sat in his chair with his chest towards the backrest watching us in suspense while Sawyer sat on the hotel bed watching Television and Dinah was painting her toenails red.

"Come on, baby cousin, you know you can't crush me," Doug said, popping his chewing gum with a grin "I will always be stronger than you, little lady."

I narrowed my eyes as I paid close attention to our hands "Just because I enjoy painting my nails, putting on makeup, and reading teen fiction novels, doesn't mean I am not stronger than a male," I stated, smirking as his hand budged under my own.

Closer and closer.

Doug frowned "I didn't say that. I simply expressed that as your older cousin, I am ... stronger and maybe only a little smarter," he told me as I watched his hand squirm under my hand.

"You are so going down, for sure now."

With that, I pulled an Over the Top Sly Stallone movie move pissing him off as the back of his hand hit the board. Zeke raised my hand in the air as I laughed at Doug, who sat there silently for one time in his life.

"How didn't I see that coming?" he questioned himself as I moved to sit beside Dini who had just finished her toenails.

"Because you underestimated me," I told him simply as I kicked my feet up onto the bed and looked at my cousin who sat beside me looking at her red painted toenails.

She didn't bother to even look up at me as she fixed her toe ring and stated "I found a bar that is having a ladies' night. I figured we could live and do that tonight. Allow the boys to do whatever childish acts they wish to do." She then looked over at Doug who stuck his tongue out at her.

Hardly what I wanted after a day of surfing and eating a Bacon Cheeseburger from the Hard Rock; to go to a bar.

"What if I just want to stay in bed and sleep?"

She laughed "Come on, Lil. I promise that we will stick together when we go, I will not ditch you," she said, putting a hand to her heart and batting her fake eyelashes.

That only made me laugh and hold my hands up, "Okay, fine. Whatever," I said, looking at Doug, "How do you put up with her?"

"Easy. I lock her in our parent's attic until mom goes looking for her."

I grinned as Dinah glared at him, I stood up and looked at the hotel flyer. Cafe hours catching my eye, I picked it up and looked at the desserts.

"I'm hungry. Are you hungry?" I asked them, they shook their heads no and I grabbed my wallet from my purse "Well, I am going downstairs to grab a cake. I'll be back" I shoved open the door and walked out.

Zeke followed right behind me to my disappointment.

As I approached the elevator and pressed the button, I turned around to face him. He was smiling down at me in a weird way.

"What do you want?"

The grin still didn't leave his face "I know something you don't" he gloated as the doors opened and I stepped inside the elevator, I pressed the button for the main floor as he stepped on and I crossed my arms as I looked up at him.