She gave herself a once over in the mirror and she was satisfied, she wasn't really up to dressing and going out but her friends insisted and she couldn't let them down.

She grabbed a small purse from her closet with just credit cards and a lipstick in it and headed downstairs.

"Well don't you look edible." Hugh flirted.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Do not make me go back upstairs."

"I mean if you allow me to go with you, I don't mind." He winked.

Normally she would shut him down with some snarky remark but her mind played back to the times Brady used to flirt with her like that, the way he hinted taking her to her room and made some inappropriate flirtatious remarks. Her heart sank as she recalled those little moments she shared with him.

"I'm sorry." Hugh broke away her thoughts.

"Hmm?" She asked.

"I guess I triggered something." He said scratching the back of his neck.

She took in a breath. "I'll get over it with time."

"Of course you will." He sincerely said as he wrapped an arm around her. "You know if you told us what happened it might help."

She shook her head. "No it won't, I don't want to ever talk about it. My parents tried and failed. Just know that breaking up with Brady was the best thing for both of us."

Hugh nodded and didn't press the matter further. "Alright, shall we then?"

Within a half hour Amelia and Hugh met up with Hillary at a restaurant where they were going to have late lunch and early dinner. They were seated at a table and Hillary couldn't stop smiling.

"I can't believe you're actually going to college in the fall. I'm so excited for you." Hillary beamed.

"Yeah, but that was always the plan. One year off and then off to college." Amelia said.

"Yeah finally this year off will be over soon and you can start your life. Anyway this year was a waste, you did nothing." Hillary said as she ate a forkful of her salad.

"That's not true." Amelia said. "I learnt a lot over the last few months, I've grown and gotten a taste of life and real life problems. I've found myself and realised there's more to the world than whats confined within my estate walls."

"Yeah all I see is you got your heart broken." Hillary said.

"Hillary." Hugh warned.

"No it's true." Amelia said. "But in order to have my heart broken I had to have been in love and being in love- real true love. It's something else, it's beautiful regardless of how it ends. You learn so much about yourself and learn how to think and feel for someone else. Knowing that someone looks at you like you're their whole world makes you feel so special, I have no words to describe it."

She paused and took a sip of her iced tea. "People always say they regret their relationship when it ends but I won't take back a thing, there were many beautiful moments, many memories that I'll treasure forever. Just because it's over doesn't mean I hate him or hated our relationship, I might not have come out with a happily ever after but I came out with many lessons and a whole new perspective."

Hugh and Hillary we're both gazing at her when she finish speak and she felt a little uncomfortable. "Okay stop looking at me as if I'm made of glass, I'm fine."

"No, I'm just seeing how much you've really grown. I'm proud of you Lia." Hugh earnestly smiled at her.

Hillary looked between Amelia and Hugh and cleared her throat. "Um sorry to break the moment but can we stop getting in our feelings and celebrate my best friends achievement."