Chapter 47: Show Me What Love Looks Like

I wake up the morning after the dance with a pounding headache and a murderous thirst. I detach myself from Gerard and head towards the kitchen. I see Mikey burping Fletcher as I approach the fridge.

"Morning," I mumble.

"Morning," he says in return. I pull out a jug of orange juice from the fridge and take a drink of it, not even bothering to get a glass. I check the time and sigh. I still have 4 hours before I need to go to school. Should I try to go back to bed?

I decide, against all my body's persistent demands, to stay awake. I take care of Fletcher for Mikey, letting him go back to sleep. Eventually, time comes when Gerard stumbles out of his bedroom with exhaustion swept over his features. He runs his hand through his hair and mumbles a few unintelligible words before heading to the bathroom and starting the shower. I slowly start getting myself ready for school. I start getting dressed in semi decent clothes. Gerard comes out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. I walk over to him and kiss his warm lips.

"How long do we have before school starts?" He asks me.

"Just enough for you to get dressed and leave," I reply. He nods and goes into his bedroom. I head back into the living room where Mikey is fast asleep and pull a blanket over him.  I put on my jacket and my boots, waiting for Gerard. He comes out of the room dressed up all professor like and slides on his black winter coat which is basically just a warmer trench coat.

We arrive at school shortly after leaving and the halls are full of students and teachers alike. Everybody is beaming because it's the last day of school before winter break. There are the kids who get really into the season and refuse to take off their Santa hats and then there are kids like me who just want this day to be over so I can relax. The only good thing about this day is that usually we spend the day doing nothing because even the teachers have given up. We'll most likely be watching movies all day. Which I'm completely okay with. I might just skip class and hang out with Gerard all day. It's not like anybody's gonna care. I head to my first class and let the teacher take attendance. The second my name is called I ask if I can go to the bathroom. I'm probably not coming back but at least I'm marked as here.

I run up to Gerard's class and just walk in. Everybody's sitting and the lights are off. Gerard's setting up a movie. He looks over to me and his face lights up. He goes back to setting up the movie before he comes over to see me. He pushes me out of the class and closes the door. His lips are on mine and I'm slammed against his door. He pulls away for a second.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have class?" He asks me, kissing me more before I have a chance to reply. He clearly doesn't really care.

"I have class but I'd rather be here.. With you," I reply, getting only a couple of seconds to blurt an answer. His hands grip my hips and he digs his nails in.

"I'm so glad to see you," he whispers.

"Yeah, yeah. You have a class to supervise though. We better get back to that," I say.

"I'll come and sit in the back with you." We open the door and go back in, all eyes are on us as we move to the back of the room. I'm probably gonna have to watch this movie 3 times. Gerard and I sit as far back as we can and almost immediately, his hand is on my thigh. Fuck. I touch his hand and he grabs it instead. Phew. Last time was awkward enough. His thumb runs over my fingers, giving me goosebumps. When the bell rings, I head to my next class, get marked as present and head back to Gerard's class where he restarts the movie and we watch it from the beginning again.

At the end of this class, he goes over to his laptop and stops the movie and shuts off his laptop. A kid approaches him and he starts laughing and smiling. I don't even know what kid this is and jealousy is rising inside of me because this kid made Gerard laugh. The kid leaves and I approach Gerard.