Chapter 46: How Tired Am I Of Being Scared?

That whole night was quiet. Fletcher only woke us up twice and I moved Mikey from the floor to the couch but he stayed asleep. He's still at Gerard's, recovering. He hasn't done anything since then but he's been crying a lot and shaking too. He'll get there. Mikey's strong. I can tell.

Tonight is the dance. It felt like it would never come. Gerard called me to let me know he got our costumes and I can already tell from the excitement in his voice that it is going to embarrass the living shit out of me, but he will definitely enjoy it. Mikey's asleep on Gerard's bed, he hasn't been sleeping much so it's good to hear his snoring.

There's a quiet knock on the door and I stand up to answer it. Gerard walks in with a pink, frilly costume that I recognize. He also has a black military jacket with whitish grey embellishments. He passes me the dress. He actually got the Marie outfit from the fucking drama department. I'm going to be in a dress and he gets to dress up as the Nutcracker. Why did I agree to this? I walk into the bathroom and check out everything he just gave me. There's a corset, probably to make me have some kind of curves, ballet slippers, the dress that looks kinda like a nightgown, pink tights, pink silk underwear, and a frilly pink collar. I don't think the corset or the collar were original parts of this outfit. I do my best to attach the corset around my waist, pulling it as tight as I can stand and I tie it. I pull the underwear on. I slip on the dress over the corset and pull the tights over my underwear. If anybody recognizes me, I'm going to shoot myself. The things I do for love... I mean, people. The things I do for people. I put on the shoes and start tying them up my legs. He better appreciate this.

I walk out of the bathroom, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. I bite my lip as I look up from the floor. I see Gerard cover his face with his hands in excitement.

"I like this... I like this a lot," he marvels. I do a twirl and he smirks.

"I'm gonna go get dressed now and we'll go, okay?" Gerard says. I nod. I start playing with the sleeves of the dress when he walks out of the bathroom, his lips have lines to his chin, like a doll. The military jacket looks amazing on him. He walks over to me.

"You forgot this," he whispers, placing the collar around my neck.

"Now just let me..." He starts but trails off as he starts to put some makeup on me. He sticks his tongue out as he concentrates on what he's doing.

"There," he says, leaning back. He smiles. He picks me up into my arms and swings me around.

"Put me down!" I shout, laughing. I pound at his back until he sets me down.

"Hey," he says. What? I look in the direction he is and see Mikey rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"What is Frank wearing?" Mikey asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"School thing. He's going as Marie from the Nutcracker," Gerard explains.

"Do you need to come with us?"  Gerard asks. Mikey shakes his head and checks on Fletcher.

"Are you sure?" Gerard double checks. Mikey nods and picks up his son. Gerard and I leave soon after.

When we get to the school, we most definitely are not the only ones dressed up as Marie and the Nutcracker, although most girls are dressed as the Sugar Plum Fairy. Probably because they wanted to be able to wear something a little tighter. The music from the original ballet is playing and there are nutcracker dolls all over the school on the way to the gymnasium. In the gym, the ceiling has snowflakes hanging down. The room has a light blue tint but its still pretty dark in here. If nobody looks too much, nobody should notice me. I wrap my arms around Gerard's neck for one of the slower songs, I don't know any of them but they're all gonna be odd to dance to. What the fuck kinda school does this? Gerard's hands slide down my waist, resting just above my ass.