"that's why Ive come to help you Arjun!" Diya said as Arjun looked at her questioningly. 

Diya came and sat herself on the chair in front of Arjun's before he could even react and began, "I know that you don't have an advertising plan yet and the board meeting is in 2 days"

"And where did you get this baseless information"

"It's not baseless and you know it, Arjun, My entire company used to run on the basis of advertising, please please just trust me with this one, I swear I can do a great job"

"Okay" Arjun said

"Really?"

"okay, but you only have 2 days"

"That's 48 hours, omg that's more than enough, okay cool I'll see ya, bye" Diya said enthusiastically as she rose up and picked up her bag, 

"Didn;t you hear me? you have only 2 days, you should start working"

"Yes I know silly, I have to go for the field work" Diya said cheerfully as she exited the room 

Arjun nodded his head, he never understood the girl, what is so exciting about a challenging task given to you to be completed in a limited time. He had given her this task because she was bound to fail, she knew nothing about the village, and after that she would stop bugging him. He had to admit it, she was more of a torture to him that he was to her. 

-

"Ranjit" DIya called out to a man who was putting paddy in the wet soil, he saw Diya, washed his hands and walked towards her. Diya held a bunch of files in her hand, as the tote bag slung around her shoulder. She was ecstatic. Ranjit sprinkled the few drops of water that his hands were left with on Diya, who joyfully cried, "no stop!" She actually appreciated it on a hot summer day. "I need your help, Ranjit" Diya cheerfully put it. 

Ranjit started his motorcycle and Diya thrust herself behind him, she held his shoulder with one one hand and the slight protrusion on the seat for the other. They stopped at various houses, where Diya would go in with her bag, a notebook and a pencil, taking notes as she spoke to various people while Ranjit continued smoking his Beedi. 

He remembered the first time he saw her, when he was cleaning his motorcycle, she cluelessly walked towards the cow in the adjacent farm with a utensil in her hand. It was clear she had come for milking but didn't know how to. Ranjit had instantly realized that she was a city girl, her sindoor was almost invisible and her mangalsutra was covered by her kurta, she didn't look accustomed to the smell or the dirt. Yet as her dupatta flew along with her hair, he had the sudden urge to help her even with his disdain towards city folks. 

He had put his hand out indicating her to stop as he jumped over the fence, washed  his hands and milked the cow. He had done this since he was a kid. The young girl was amazed at this.

"Madamji, aap badi haveli mein rehti hain?"  He asked as she picked up her utensil. 

"Dont call me Madamji, yeah I'm from that haveli"

It was simple then, she was the wife of the heir of such a large fortune. Ranjit felt inferior. 

"You're married right" Ranjit said as a build up to confirm his suspicion.

"Why, you know too much!"Diya said a little unsurely

"Well, in our village mangalsurta and sindoor signifies marriage, I don't know about the city"

Diya was so robotic with the vermillion and mangalsutra that now she even forgot of its presence.

"And how do you know I'm from the city?"