“We’re here!” I cheered. I’m so excited for this. She’s going to be so happy. “Don’t move.” I went around the passenger side, opened the door and held her hand as I walked her to her gift. “Hold on.” I took out my phone to record this moment once it was up and running I told her to take the mask off. She took it off and went fucking ballistic screaming and jumping when she saw her gift.

            “Dominic! Oh my God! Shit! Shit!” And she kept saying that over and over. I just watched amused as she flipped out. When she calmed down a little she hugged me. “Thank you! Thank you so much!”  Her hug felt weak and I knew her mood changed.

            “What’s the matter?” I asked, pulling away so that I could see her face.

            “Dom, I can’t accept it,” she said. She looked sad and happy at the same time.

            “Why not? It’s a black Camaro with red and black rims. It’s your dream car, bad girl”

            “I know, but—”

            “It’s for your birthday. Chip, I’ll be damned if you’re going to wake me up early in the morning to drop you off at work”

            “But this is a car, Dominic. It’s too much”

            “I wanted to do something nice for you, this specifically,” I pointed to the car. “Because I’m sick and tired of seeing you drive that piece of shit car. Just take the fucking car! I went through a lot of shit to get it done today!”  I took a few dramatic deep breaths to calm myself down. “Listen, Zo, I’m sorry. I know I get angry sometimes but I really want you to have this.”

            “Want to go for a test drive?” She asked, her eyes were brimmed with tears but they were happy tears because she was smiling. I nod then tossed her the keys. I got in the passenger seat; still recording it and I caught every moment of her molesting the poor car, rubbing her hands all over it. Even sniffing it.

***

            Sometime around 9 o’clock I got dressed for Silk like I’ve been doing every night for the past week and two days. And just like every other night I got dressed in something nice. I wasn’t trying to impress him but I wanted to look good just incase. Just incase what? I’m so pathetic. I’m already crazy about someone that I don’t know and someone I haven’t met or spoken to. All we did was share a little moment. That little moment was the moment I realized he was crying. Why was he so sad? Was it only that night or is he always sad? The questions swirling around in my mind have been endless.

            Silk was only an hour from where I lived and it wasn’t in a good neighborhood either. I wonder how the hell Zoe found this place. I parked and went inside. I waited for almost two hours and I didn’t find him anywhere. I’ve had no luck and it’s harder since I realize they work on schedules. Just when I gave up and was ready to leave I saw him enter a room with a red door. I made my way over there and there was a security guard blocking it.

            “I need to see him,” I said. I was shocked at how determined and desperate my voice sounded.

            The big guy snorted, “You can—for five hundred.” I paid him without a second thought and he let me inside. The room was dark at first then there was a noise followed by lights. There was a big red circular sofa type thing in the center of the room and there was another matching sofa almost wrapped around the room. The curtains opened to reveal him sitting on his knees.

            “What do you like? Do you want me to dance here or there?” He asked, pointing at me as he said “there”. His voice was so seductive it sent a shiver down my spine.

            “I don’t want you to dance,” I answered. He cocked his head to the side as if questioning me. His pretty face turned into a frown.

            “You know this is not a prostitution house, right?”

            That question was funny but I was too caught up in him to crack a smile even though I was ecstatic inside. “I know what,” I said finally.

            “Then why did you pay to come in here?”

             Because I’ve been obsessing over you. “What’s your name?” He opened his mouth but before he could answer I cut him off by saying, “I meant your real name”

            He shook his head. “I can’t tell you that”

            Hmm. I bit my bottom lip, thinking. “What if I tell you mine then will you tell me yours?”

            He did the same thing, biting his bottom lip. “Maybe. If I like it”

            “It’s Dominic,” I said.

            “It suits you. I’m Orion”

            Fascinating. “Orion like Orion’s belt?”

            “Yeah, my mom was an astrologist”

            “Pleasure to meet you, Orion,” I said extending my hand for him to shake. He looked hesitant but eventually took my hand. When he touched me I felt this spark. That’s the only word I could think of. I felt like his hand belonged in mine and I didn’t want to let it go. Suddenly, he snatched his hand from mine like I did something.

            “Nice to meet you, Dominic,” he said softly. Even though it was soft, his voice sounded different—affected.

            “Will you go on a date with me,” I blurted out. It was a shock to myself that I even asked him.

            He had what would look like a smile on his face but his tasty looking lips barely moved. “You want to take me on a date?” I nodded. “Even though you know what I do?”

            “Yes”

            “I don’t date at all and even if I did it’s against Silk policy to date clients”

            “Good thing I’m not a client then and if you don’t say yes I’m just going to come back and keep asking you. Even though I just officially met you, I like you and I want to date you”

            “Your time is up, Dominic.” His voice was teasing.

            “I won’t give up, Orion.” The curtains closed and he disappeared. The security guard opened the door and I exit the room. I was able to compose myself in there but once I was out I couldn’t stop smiling. Orion. He’s going to be the death of me.