Chapter Sixteen

TWO UPDATES IN TWO DAYS! YOU GUYS SHOULD LOVE ME!! HEHE. LOVE YOU TOO

BEAUTIFUL SONG OVER THERE!

            I look at the man with a seated across from me as he read his menu. He hasn’t uttered a word for the fifteen minutes we have been sitting here. If he’s waiting for me to say something he’s shit out of luck. I don’t have much to say to him and frankly, I don’t care to. I’ve gone years without talking to the man and he’s making it quite easy to stay quiet when he’s making no effort to have a conversation. 

            “I read your books,” he blurted out. I know he read them. He was usually the first person to get a copy. “I mean, the ones you wrote since I’ve been away.”

            “Oh. And?”

            “I couldn’t have been more proud.” I nodded my thank you. Conversation died after that. You’d think not have spoken to each other for so long would have given us a lot of things to talk about. Apparently not. “Why do you keep looking at your phone, expecting a call or something?”

            “Huh?” I looked at him then back to my hand. Sure enough, I was looking at a locked phone. “Just a text or something.” From Rye. I texted him this morning and he didn’t answer. I called him too and he didn’t answer. I also sent him flowers and I didn’t get a call from him. Maybe it’s because I didn’t send a poem this time. Not. He seems to always be thinking about something and when I ask him what it is he says it’s nothing. I’m thinking that I may have to seduce it out of him, which would defeat the purpose of taking it slow.

            “Son, I need to talk to you about something,” dad droned, causing me to squint my eyes at him questionably.

            “Okay…”

            “I don’t want you to get upset with me but your mother and I are going to get married again.”

            I laughed. “I’m sorry, I thought you said you’re thinking of marrying mom.” His serious face told me that that was indeed what he said. “You have got to be fucking kidding me. So this is the reason you came back then? Huh?” I hissed. “What was I thinking? Second chance my ass”

            “Dominic, I miss my family. I’m better now and I want my family back.” I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

            “Good luck with that,” I hissed and threw some money on the table to cover the bill and went to the other side of the street where my car was parked.

             Family my ass. If that’s what a family is I want no part of it. I hope the live happily ever fucking after. I just don’t get it. She cheated on him through their entire relationship and marriage. I’m not even sure if he’s my real father. Is he even sure? Pathetic little fuck. That’s not love. It’s an obsession. Loving someone doesn’t mean you take everything they do like a yummy piece of cake.

            “It’s pathetic! How can he want to marry her again after everything she’s done to him!” I vented to Zoe. She’s my best friend and all but I’d really like if I felt good enough to have went to Orion instead. He’s been more of a passive boyfriend lately. I’ve always wanted one of those.

            “I can’t believe it,” Zoe said, more to herself. “When he divorced the witch I thought he finally grew a set of big balls.”

            “Right?” I growled, pausing, only to start pacing again. It’s so frustrating. I paused again though when I glanced a picture I sent her of Orion and Me on the wall of her living room. “I don’t think Orion wants to be with me anymore,” I told her, voicing my fears. “I’m afraid to bring it up and tell him that he has been different since the dinner. I’m afraid to ask him if his feelings have changed because I feel like he’ll tell me they have”