Chapter Twenty-Eight

I’m actually surprised at how many of you were mad at Dominic. Wow. I’m shocked. In the last chapter I heard opinions from some of you guys that I didn’t even know was reading this story, so that was great and amount of comments really surprised me. I didn’t respond back because I wanted your opinions and feelings and emotions to be fresh and untainted by anything I would’ve said.  So here goes.

DOMINIC’S

            The view was impeccable. In the midst of dusk, The Eiffel Tower looked golden, thanks the lights. It seemed literally within my grasp, but I knew if I reached out I wouldn’t be able to touch it. Still, I imagined I could. The sky had a blue glow that was embroidered by spots of silver known as night clouds.

            I’ve never stayed at this hotel before but I had heard of it and this room that came with the magnificent view. When I learned Rye was half French and he spoke French, I imagined taking him here. I imagined walking with him as he experienced the beauty of Paris and everything they wrote and spoke about this amazing city.

            There was a knock on the door, frightening me and effectively brought me out of my reverie. My heart thumped faster in my chest as I made way to the door. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door.

            “You’re here,” I said, surprised. I thought it was room service but I was hoping it was him. With tears streaming down his face he nodded furiously, unable to meet. “Does this mean that—” before I could finish he started nodding again. “And you’re going—” Again he started nodding.

            He started sobbing. Not able to stand looking at him crying anymore, I pulled him into my arms, wrapping them around his waist. He quickly wrapped his arms around my neck, hugging me back.

            “I’m so sorry,” he said, sobbing harder.

            “Shh, shh, shh,” I cooed. Trying to calm him down. “Let’s move on, alright?” I felt him nod against my neck.

            “Do you still love me?” I laughed. I couldn’t help it.

            “Why do you think you’re here? Of course I still love you. I can’t just stop loving you like that.”  His response was tightening his arms around me. I’m going to die from suffocation.

                                                        Flashback

            I stopped paying attention to my phone a long time ago. I’m surprised my ears hadn’t started bleeding from hearing Oh My Goodness by Olly Murs over and over and over. Eventually I put my phone on silent. I couldn’t turn it off because of work. As much as I’m used to the silence and being home alone by myself the silence felt awfully aberrant.

            I got no sleep. I stayed up thinking about the voicemail Orion sent me. I hadn’t expected him to react like that. Honestly, I didn’t think he would care. I thought he would go to Nick’s and wait for me to call. I’m not mad at him anymore but I’m still hurt.

            He would still be acting like he couldn’t give a damn about me or us if I hadn’t been so pissed and said all that I had. Deep down I wish he had realized on his own and apologize then. Not after we had a huge fight like that.

            Sighing, I got out of bed, stripped out of my boxers and got in the steaming hot shower. A lot had happened before our argument that Rye still didn’t know about, like my movie deal, the release dates of my books. I haven’t told him anything to be honest. It was hard for me to be open with him when every time we were having a conversation I felt like I was talking to another person. I didn’t feel the connection that I felt when we just met where we would talk for hours about any and everything. That was the best part of whatever relationship we had. We barely knew each other and yet we shared so much.