“1x9=” he put down his first finger on his left hand. “Count how many fingers I have now” she looked at her hand that were mimicking his.
“9?” she questioned.
“Yes, now 2x9=” he put his second finger down and put back up his first finger. “18” he finished.
“Do you see?” he asked. She did the same to her hands and looked down at them.
“Omg yeah!” she said laughing.
“Yeah so 3x9=” he said putting his third finger down and putting up his second. “27, see?” he questioned she smiled and nodded.
“So if you’re working out 6x9 you have to put your sixth finger down, and what do you see?” he said smiling proudly.
“54!” she smiled. “Omg that’s so cool, I never knew that you could do that!”
“You’re welcome” he said chuckling.

“Girls, its bed time!” Mum shouted up the stairs. Niall looked up at the clock and I followed his eyes with a sigh, it was half 8, I looked out the window and it was pitch black, I guess we always get a bit carried away when we’re studying.
“Okay Mum” Fizzy shouted back. “Thank you Nialler,” she said attacking him with a big hug he fell back a bit but hugged back.
“Like I said, you’re welcome” he said sounding like he was struggling to breath.
“Wow, don’t strangle my friend Fizz!” I said laughing, she got off him and began to walk out the room; but turned back for a second.
“Bye Nialler!” she said smiling.
“Bye Fizzy” he smiled. And with that, she left.

That night I couldn’t sleep. That moment with Niall, in my bedroom, had my head buzzing with thoughts of what could have happened if Fizzy hadn’t of interrupted. Would we of kissed? Had an awkward cough and go back to studying? Shut up Louis. You need to stop thinking like this, Niall is probably straight anyway.
My heart plummeted, back down the earth. Niall is most likely straight; straight as a ruler.

I looked up at my clock that was hung on the wall opposite my bed. It was half 3 in the morning. At this rate I would never get any sleep. And the worst part was that I was going to that party tonight with Eleanor. But right now I didn’t feel in the mood to party. I’m hoping my feelings will change by tonight because I’d hate to be a buzz kill.

(Niall’s POV)

The next day I couldn’t concentrate on my work and by the time lunch came around I had barely spoken to anyone, I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts, and my thoughts were circling a certain boy who was sitting on the other side of the cafeteria with Liam’s girlfriend and Eleanor. Talking and laughing. I couldn’t keep my eyes at bay.
“So Niall, your coming to the party tonight right?” Zayn said next to me, I looked over at him and smiled a weak smile.

“Yeah, I sorted it with work and they gave me the night off” I said nonchalant.
“Cool, got a date? Huh?” he said winking at me. I chuckled.
“Not really had the time to pick out anyone to take” I said.
“Well, I’m taking Danielle” Liam said looking over at where Danielle was sitting with Louis and Eleanor. “I can’t believe Louis is getting girl attention, from my girlfriend especially!” he huffed.
“Well he can have my ex-girlfriend.” Zayn said, laughing.

“Dannie said that he’s really nice” Liam said looking at me. “How’s tutoring?” he said chuckling.
“It’s okay, I’m starting to understand algebra thanks to him” I chuckled.
“The nerd seems to have changed your perspective on math” he said laughing. I flinched a little at the use of the word nerd to describe Louis.
“Whatever” I said laughing. “So who are you taking?” I asked Zayn and Harry. Harry looked at me with a smile.

“This girl named Caroline” he said looking totally dazed. We all looked at him confused.
“Do you mean Caroline Flack?” I said laughing.
“Yeah, what’s so funny?” he said looking confused.
“Nothing mate,” I said, chuckling. I looked at Zayn expectantly.
“I’m taking Perrie” We all nodded.
“Good chose” I said. “So, I’m going to be alone?”
“The day is still young Niall” Zayn winked. I scanned the room; I needed to take a girl so I wouldn’t look like a total loner.
“Danielle invited Eleanor and Eleanor invited Louis” Liam said. I stopped. Louis was coming.
“So is Louis coming?” I asked sceptically.
“Yeah, he’s coming with Eleanor” he laughed. “I think she’s trying to mark her territory on him, you know? As the new kid.” I felt my heart jump about in my chest; Eleanor was trying to take my Louis.

Wow where did that come from, my Louis? Don’t you mean my tutor? Yeah... my tutor. That sounded better, still a little clingy and controlling, but better.
“She’s such a dog” Zayn laughed. The guys laughed along, but I couldn’t laugh at all. Looking over at Louis and Eleanor I could see her flirting with him blatantly. Eleanor was really pretty, and as much as I could like to agree with the guys, I couldn’t help but feel threatened by her beauty. Who am I kidding; Louis would choose her over me any day. Louis was straight anyhow, so it’s not like I had much of a chance. I looked at Eleanor longingly, I wish I was her.

(Louis’ POV)

Eleanor was all over me, I tried to pry her hands off of me sneakily, but as soon as I got one hand off, she had the other on me. STOP PAWING ME WOMEN. I felt like someone was looking over in our direction so I did a quick scan around the room and noticed Niall staring over here, with longing eyes, but he wasn’t looking at me, he was looking at... Eleanor? Wow... does Niall have a crush on Eleanor?

Of course Niall has a crush on Eleanor, Jeeze. I mean, look at her? She’s so beautiful. Can’t you tell he’s straight, or have you not got that in to your thick skull yet? My head was trying to tell me.

My mind was right, I just wish it wasn’t. God, what I’d do to be Eleanor right now.

Fan, Comment, Vote, whatever you fancy :0) x