IX

Walking back from the edge of camp, I saw Julius' personal guards watching me coldly from his tent.  I knew what they were thinking, to be put on desertion watch was incredibly dishonourable and to have Caesar be the one to do it? I sighed, hurrying to my tent and curled up, pulling my cloak tightly around me.  Only a few minutes later, I heard someone outside of my tent. 

"Who's there" I yelled as I sat up.

"Just me, Lucas," Julius said as he walked in and sat on the bed beside me.

"The hell do you want" I asked tiredly.

"Did you do what I told you to" he asked gently.

"Leave the one man I love" I asked, my voice hoarse from crying.

"Did you" he asked again.

"Of course I did.  I didn't want you to kill him" I sighed and squeaked as he lifted me.  "Where the hell are we going" I asked, squirming against him.

"Come on, we're going to my tent" he said, holding me tightly to him as we walked the short distance between our tents.

"Can I please just go to bed" I asked as we walked past his guards and into the tent where he set me down on his bed.

"I don't see why we couldn't have some fun first" he smirked as he climbed on top of me, pinning my arms above my head.

"Julius, I'm exhausted, please, I just want to go to bed" I squeaked as I looked up at him.

"You sound like my ex-wives" he laughed, watching my cheeks turn red.

"Seems like you go after similar people" I said sarcastically.

"You're considerably different from them" he smirked as he leaned down to kiss me but, I rolled out from underneath him, sitting back on my knees.

"Good try" I laughed as he pushed himself back up and went to grab me but I jumped off the bed.

"Teasing me isn't wise, Lucas" he replied as he watched me from the bed.

"Not letting me sleep isn't wise either" I said and rolled my eyes.

"I have no plans of letting you sleep tonight" he smirked as he stood up and made his way over to me.

"If you're at all worried about me fading, then you will let me sleep.  Rest is vital for me to not fade and restore my powers" I said, backing away from him and squeaked as I ran into his desk.

"You know, you're adorable when you get all squeaky" he smirked as he lifted me and set me on the desk.

"I'm only squeaky because you're embarrassing me" I squeaked, blushing darker as he stepped between my legs.

"Good, that means that I make you feel something towards me" he smirked, cupping my face in his hands.

"Julius, please, I need to sleep" I sighed as I looked up at him.

"Fine, but first" he said before kissing me gently.

I squeaked against his lips, not really sure what to do as I looked up at him.  I sort of felt something, but not really? After a minute or so he pulled away and looked at me sadly. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that" he sighed as he reached down and lifted me before placing me on the bed. 

"It's fine, I just wasn't expecting it" I squeaked as he slid into bed beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

He just nodded before saying, "I understand, get some sleep."

I nodded as I curled up more before asking, "Do I need to worry about you keeping your hands to yourself?"