Chapter 27

“There you go girls.” I smiled, handing them back their phone.

“Thank you so much!” One of them said with tears trickling down her cheeks.

“Please don’t cry.” I chuckled, pulling her into another hug as they left the coffee shop, waving to us all.

“Your fans are so cute.” Soph laughed, finishing her coffee.

“Yeah but it’s sorta’ weird, I remember when I first met the rest of you guys and you could still walk about everywhere without being noticed, now it’s a bit strange.” Holly added with a frown.

“It’s weirder for us, trust me.” Nathan laughed. “I remember when-“ With that my phone rang and I looked down to see Jayne’s face flashing on my screen.

“Hello?” I answered and our little gang went quiet.

“Jay you um… You need to come home, now.” She said to me with urgency in her voice.

“What?” I asked, standing up. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Skai, she just… I don’t know, but you need to get here as soon as possible Jay. I don’t know what to do.” She replied and my heart began beating faster in my chest.

“I’ll be there as soon as possible.” I whispered, hanging up and turning to the guys who obviously heard the conversation. They all nodded in my direction, knowing that I had to go but the girls were oblivious.

“I’ve um, I’ve got to go to Jayne’s place but I’ll see you girls soon, yeah?” I asked, pulling them into hugs.

“Of course, see you soon babe.” Soph said.

“Yeah that’s fine, text me?” Holly said, pulling away.

“Of course, see you soon.” I said. As I walked away I heard the boys breathing out words of worry and advice to me that they knew the girls couldn’t hear.

“Thanks guys.” I whispered as I walked out of the door.

“JAYNE!” I called up through the house as I closed her front door. I turned back around to see her stood there.

“She won’t talk to me, she just keeps shaking and-“

“What happened?” I asked.

“I don’t know James, she just arrived on my doorstep, covered in blood, crying her eyes out and shaking like a leaf.” She said to me and I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

“And she’s not said anything to you?” I asked but she shook her head. “Thank you for calling me.” 

I appeared next to the bathroom where I heard water running and sighed as I tapped on the door. When she didn’t reply I pushed the door open slowly, taking in the view.

“Oh Skai…” I sighed, walking in and closing the door softly behind me. She was sat on the floor of the huge walk in shower, only visible because of the glass screen that wrapped around the shower space. The rainforest shower was pelting out water at full blast and spall specks of water rebounded off of her body, curled into a ball as she sat against the wall of the shower. She was still fully-dressed in her blood-covered clothes but they were completely saturated, sticking to her skinny form as she shook violently.

I contemplated taking my clothes off but decided on just taking off my shoes and socks and leaving my t-shirt and skinny jeans on. I put my iPhone on the side with my shoes and then walked into shower, collapsing next to her and feeling my body get covered with water too. I sighed once more and wrapped my arm around her, feeling her rest her head on my shoulder.