chapter 12

I turned around very slowly, putting my hands in the air and saw a guy stood there, about twenty five years old, holding a silenced pistol in his hands and pointing it towards me. I recognised him from somewhere but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.

“Who are you?” I asked confidently, going straight into mission mode.

“That doesn’t really matter now does it Skai?” He said, walking towards me slowly, still pointing the gun towards my head.

“How do you know my name?” I quipped. “Only special people know my name and by the looks of it, you’re not one of them.” I smirked as his facial expression faltered slightly but he soon threw up his barriers again.

“Well I’ve been asked to dispose of you, I think that’s all you need to know.” He was now about five meters in front of me and I was beginning to get nervous.

“That’s a bit vague really, seeing as I’ve heard that very sentence about fifteen times… In the past two months.” I smiled and he rolled his eyes, getting bored.

“Any last words?” He asked, thinking he’d got the better of me.

“Kiss my ass-“ I saw him pull the trigger. I saw the recoil on his hand. I heard the bullet come out of the gun but then… Then I was on the floor.

“What the hell?” I heard the guy ask and I rolled over to see Jay laid next to me on the floor, blood coming from his chest.

“Oh my God.” I whispered but before I could get to him, the guy with the gun had pointed it to me again. Before he could shoot it, he’d gone flying through the air and Jay was stood where he had been moments before.

“Jay!” I shouted, scrambling up and turning him to face me. His shirt had a huge blood stain on the front so I pulled his top up to reveal a gunshot wound, right through his heart.

“Oh that’s fine.” He said, sticking his fingers into the wound and pulling out a bullet. “It’ll heal now, but we seriously need to go.” He took my hand and tried to pull me away but I stopped in the same place.

“I need to know who sent him.” I said to Jay and he sighed before nodding and letting go of my hand. I turned around and saw the stranger laid on the ground, scrambling for his gun.

“Give in now.” I called to him, walking over and putting one foot on top of his hand with the gun in.

“What are you?!” He spat at Jay, who simply laughed.

“Seeing as I’m about to kill you, I guess I can squeal.” He smirked. “I’m a vampire.” The stranger’s face contorted and looked confused but I didn’t give him chance to speak because I straddled his chest and grabbed his hair, smacking his head against the pavement.

“Who sent you?” I hissed and he winced from the pain.

“Kiss my-“ I grabbed the gun from the floor and put a single shot into his shoulder. “AGH!” He roared and I smirked.

“Shall I ask you again?” I smiled. “You’re going to die anyway so I suggest you answer my question and I might make it a bit less painful. Who. Sent. You?” He didn’t answer again so I brought the gun up to shoot his other shoulder but he shook his head under my grip.

“P-Please.” He gasped, sweat dripping down his forehead.

“Tell me and I’ll make it less painful.” I reasoned and he closed his eyes, sighing.

“Rocky.” He said and my jaw dropped.

“W-What?” I asked, feeling like I was the one with the gunshot wound in the heart.