Chapter 25

“How did they find out?” I asked as we walked into arrivals at Heathrow airport and there was a crowd of fans waiting. There must have been two hundred of them.

“One person finds out who tells someone else, who tells someone else and then when it gets on Twitter, that’s it really.” Siva explained and I rolled my eyes.

“If a bunch of fangirls can find out where we are, it’s not going to be hard for agents to find us either. Look, I’ll go wait outside just to give you some space.” I said and Jay reached out towards me but I walked away, annoyed at how everyone’s safety could be at risk.

I got outside as soon as I could and breathed in the English air, I looked at my surroundings and smiled at the London landscape. This was home, this was where I belonged. I loved seeing the black cabs and the business men and women rushing around. I loved the smell that I just couldn’t explain, a mix of exhaust fumes, high end perfumes and something else… Something else that just meant home.

I shivered slightly at the October breeze passing by me and then turned around to look back into the airport, seeing the boys with their fans and all the commotion. It made me laugh slightly at how oblivious the fans really were to the reality that their idols were vampires. Then as I looked closer I saw how the boys treated their fans, they were so lovely to every single one of them, having as many photos as possible and talking to people on the phone.

“Skai?” A voice came from behind me and I didn’t recognise it so I paused for a moment before turning around with curiosity in my eyes.

“Yes…?” I asked, looking up to see a woman I recognised from somewhere, but I couldn’t quite remember where from. That was the worst bit, I couldn’t remember where I knew her from.

“W-What are you doing here?” She asked, raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow and then frowning.

“I’m really sorry but I’m having trouble placing you…” I said, shaking my head slightly.

“I’m one of Rocky’s secretary’s.” She said and then the penny dropped, making my eyes go wide.

“Oh for fuck’s sake…” I sighed, grabbing her arm roughly and beginning to drag her away from the main entrance.

“Skai!” She called as I dragged her and I could feel her resisting but I ignored it, pulling her around a corner of the building so there were less people looking at us. I slammed her against the wall and looked her up and down.

“What are you doing here?” I growled.

“I’m going on v-vacation.” She said, trying to pry my hands off of her.

“What?” I asked, releasing my grip slightly.

“I’m going to the Maldives for two weeks, I booked it off ages ago.” She said, seeming relieved as I let go of her completely.

“Oh yeah…” I said, remembering a conversation I had with her a couple of months ago about it.

“I can’t believe you’re still alive Skai, after everything Rocky did to kill you, he thinks you’re still in the US.” She explained and I nodded.

“And that’s the way it’s going to stay.” I explained, making her look into my eyes and seeing her pupils dilate as I caught her full attention. “You never saw me here today or The Wanted, you’re going to go on your holiday completely oblivious to the fact that I am back in London. Now walk back over to the main entrance and carry on as you normally would.” I instructed her and she nodded slightly before snapping out of the daze and walking off, back to the main entrance.

“Phew…” I breathed, chuckling lightly and turning around to walk back to the entrance, only to come face to face with Jay.

“What was that about?” He asked, raising an eyebrow.