chapter 18

“I’m sorry I left you alone for so long baby, I know it’s hard but I won’t leave you for that long again, promise.” I said, still stroking the wheel as I pulled out of the underground parking and onto the main road. I accelerated down the road, laughing at the roar of the engine and then began my journey back to the villa, making sure to go the opposite way to where the rundown warehouses were. If I went back there it could get pretty messy and I definitely wouldn’t live until tomorrow morning.

After five or so minutes, I pulled down the quiet road that led to the villa and the other few around it, slowing down to about 20mph so I didn’t hit any pebbles and damage my paintwork. I revved my engine as I began pulling down the drive to the boys, so they knew I was back and grinned as they appeared outside the front door, their jaws dropping at my car. I pulled up beside them and wound my window down slowly, smirking at the five of them.

“This boys… This is my baby.” I cut the engine and they all walked around it slowly, taking in the view.

“Why didn’t you show us this before…?” Nathan asked, reaching out to touch it.

“Ah ah, no touching.” I said, getting out of the car. “I didn’t tell you because I never needed it before now.”

“Right boys-“ I turned around to see Scooter walking out of the front door. “We’re leaving tomorrow morning about 10:30AM so if you pack the rest of Skai’s stuff and your own stuff whilst she sleeps we’ll be done well before she wakes up.”

“I’m right here you know?” I asked, waving my hand slightly.

“I know you are, I can hear you from across the villa but I just need to tell the boys what they’re doing otherwise they’ll piss about the entire night.” He laughed slightly and I smiled back.

“I’m thinking we get some alcohol in tonight and have a bit of a party, see how much of a lightweight Skai is?” Tom asked.

“I’m no lightweight!” I laughed, shaking my head.

“I’m betting you a hundred quid that we can drink you under the table every time.” He replied with a wink.

“Let me guess… You can’t get drunk?” I asked.

“Well we can, but you’d need about ten times as much alcohol as a normal human being.” Jay explained, walking behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist whilst leaning his chin on my head.

“Have you ever tried it?” I asked.

“Many times.” Siva laughed. “We only succeeded once and it took a lot of willpower, we literally had to just drink continually because our bodies get rid of alcohol a lot quicker than yours.”

“Mate.” Nathan said, laughing. “You succeeded because you’re such a lightweight, the rest of us still couldn’t get pissed and I’m sure we’d bought out an entire liquor store.” Everyone laughed in response to his comment and then I turned in Jay’s arms, looking up to him.

“I’m getting the juice tonight because of everything you boys have done for me.” I said, pecking his lips lightly before walking inside to get my purse.

“You don’t have to do that!” A couple of voices called after me but I ignored them and ran up to the spare room, grabbing my purse and then jogging back downstairs.

“Whilst you’re gone can me and Max have a ride in your car?” Tom asked with a cheeky grin on his face.

“Well, if you’ve got another car that I can drive in, yes. And if you promise to let me castrate you if you get a single scratch on it, then yes as well.” I said, smirking.