chapter 19

“We’re here.” Max said softly and I peeled my eyes open to see the villa about twenty metres in front of us. Max walked the last bit for my sake and I smiled gratefully as we reached the door. He kicked it down and I looked up at him, frowning.

“We’re leaving and I’m not paying for it.” He chuckled and I smiled as he carried me through to the kitchen where everyone else was waiting. They all turned around and as soon as Jay saw me, he was next to us in a second, taking me from Max’s arms.

“What the hell happened?” He asked, appearing next to the kitchen counter in another blink.

“I… Had an accident.” I chuckled lightly and he sat me on the surface, sniffing the air and then inspecting my neck where I had a couple of small cuts from the broken glass.

“Where’s Tom?” Scooter asked.

“He’s collecting what’s left of the alcohol. Skai had an accident and flipped the car, it’s pretty much trashed.” Max explained and Scooter nodded. “It was someone else trying to kill her again, we need to get her out of here quicker than tomorrow morning otherwise she’ll get attacked again.”

“What?” I asked as Jay grabbed all my hair and began licking the back of my neck. “No, we don’t need to leave any quicker, it’s fine-“

“We can’t risk it Skai.” Nathan said, shaking his head. “And I for one know that there are more people than you’re telling us after you.” I froze slightly and looked up to him as Jay put my hair down and I nodded thankfully as all my cuts were now healed.

“What do you mean…?” I asked and he raised an eyebrow.

“I mean earlier, when you went to get your things from your apartment. It wasn’t all plain sailing was it girly?” He asked and Jay stepped away from me, raising an eyebrow.

“What’s he on about Skai?” Jay asked and Siva walked over, also wondering what he was on about.

“I-It’s nothing…” I said.

“Don’t lie to us Skai, we’re trying to keep you safe.” Siva said and I shook my head.

“There were just a couple of guys, I took care of it, it’s fine-“

“Couple?” Nathan laughed. “Try 34.” Everyone in the room went silent and I bowed my head slightly. How did Nathan know? Unless… Unless he was there?

“You were there.” I said, slipping off of the counter and slowly walking over. “You were there and you let them bid on me like a slave. YOU JUST STOOD THERE AND WATCHED!” I shouted, pushing him against the wall and surprisingly he didn’t resist. I dug my nails into his wrists but I knew it probably wouldn’t hurt him that much.

“WHAT?!” Jay shouted.

“What happened Skai?” Max asked.

“How could you do that to me?!” I shouted at Nathan and in a blink he’d grabbed my wrists and spun us around so that he was the one pressing me against the wall.

“I didn’t leave you.” He said, an inch away from my face. “I got to you as soon as you killed that idiot, then I went in and slaughtered the rest of them so they wouldn’t come after you. No need to thank me.” He spat, looking me up and down before releasing his grip on me and walking away.

“Nathan…” I said, feeling guilty. “Nathan, wait!” I blinked and he’d disappeared so I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

“What’s going on?” We all looked up to see Tom stood in the door way with about fifteen bottles of alcohol bundled in his arms.