chapter 3

“Five vodka shots and one with water in please.” I said to the bartender. The music was pounding throughout the huge club and I’d told the boys that I’d get some shots but I was having water so that I could still get on with the job at hand without giving anything away in a drunken state.

“Five vodkas and one water.” The bartender said, sliding them across the bar. “Do you want a tray?” He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Do I look like I haven’t done this before?” I laughed, putting three shot glasses in each hand and keeping an eye on the one that was mine. I walked away and headed over to the booth in the corner of the club that the guys had chosen to try and keep away from the ‘riff-raff’ as they called it.

I finally got to the table and they all hushed their conversation as I got there, making me smile.

“Talking about me again boys?” I chuckled and they all exchanged a look before taking a shot each, luckily none of them tried to take mine because I’d placed it at the back of my hand, on the left, meaning subconsciously, none of them would choose it because of how they were sat. 

“To being as arrogant as we fucking well like.” Tom said and we all held up our shots before cheering and downing them. All of them hissed as the vodka overtook their taste buds but I simply smirked, putting my shot glass down and pretending to act slightly tipsy. Beer and vodka aren’t a good mix, so I had to act like my body was taking it’s natural course.

“Jay…” I slurred with a smile. “…Fancy a quick… Dance…?” He looked at the other guys and smirked at them before standing up and taking my hand.

“I’d love it.” He smiled, taking me to middle of the dance floor, just as ‘Animal’ by Conor Maynard came on.

“Mess me up so good until I’m begging for more...” I whispered the lyrics into Jay’s ear as I wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt him smiling into my shoulder as his hands found their way around my hips and began going lower down.

“Yeah… Go any lower and you’ll be losing the one thing that makes you a man.” I said, referring to his hands and he laughed again.

“There’s something about you…” He said in my ear and his stubble tickled the side of my face slightly. I smiled into his shoulder and caught sight of the gold chain around his neck again. Keep your thoughts straight Skai, get the necklace, get outta’ here.

I needed a distraction so I could take the necklace… What could I do that would distract him but no one else? Before I could do anything Jay brought my face to his and then our lips touched. As much as I wanted to kiss him, I had to push him away.

“Whoa…” I said, putting my hands on his chest.

“What?” He asked, taken aback. “You said this was your scene?”

“Yeah…” I laughed. “I said it was my scene, not that I’m a slag.” I looked up at him and he was smirking as usual.

“I’m liking your attitude.” He said, breaking into a smile. “You’re different.”

“Well I’m not a main stream kinda’ girl.” I smiled back and wrapped my arms back around his neck.

“I’ll agree with that.” He chuckled, snaking his arms back around my waist. I could see the chain again and I cursed mentally, not knowing how to get it off of him. I guess there was only one way but it would probably mean that I’d be getting the attention of a few people around me… I smiled broadly before deciding that he wouldn’t be able to catch me if he tried anyway, so it was worth it.

‘Let’s Go’ by Calvin Harris started blaring through the huge speakers throughout the club and I smiled at the irony of my situation.

“Let’s go.” I said into Jay’s ear and before he could react I kneed him swiftly in the crotch, feeling him weaken instantly and using me to support his weight.