There were too many people up near the surface.

     Alice was horrified. "Jane! Jane," she exclaims, trying to get her attention. She takes Jane's body into her strong arms and lays her down on Charlie's living room couch. She walks into the green kitchen and begins to make hot chocolate for when she wakes up.

THE UNDERGROUND
Baby Doll sprints into action. She knocks on Jane's door rapidly. Finally, Jane opens. She beams at her, exclaiming her name. "Alice is back! It's really her," Baby Doll doesn't give Jane time to speak as she spills the beans.

    Jane furrows her dark eyebrows, looking down at her. "What," she mumbles in disbelief. "Yeah! She's look-looking for you," Baby Doll confirms it, stuttering slightly. "Right. One second," Jane disappears into her room, then comes back out. She shuts the door behind her and sprints to the train. Baby Doll follows behind her. They finally reach the living area.

Jane needs to cross this part of the Underground in order to go up to the surface.

"Shit," she curses, hiding behind a large pillar. Everyone was gathered up in a circle. They were discussing Alice's arrival. Jane hesitates before she decides to make a run for it. She exhales and closes her eyes. Jane walks fast across the room.

  Her shadow doesn't go unnoticed

  "Jane? Jane," Pretty Polly asks, looking as Jane's shadow passes by. Everyone spins around to find Jane. "Hey, sweetheart," Scarlet Harrot sings. They all start walking toward her. Jane breaks into a sprint. She almost reaches the train before she hears  electric humming behind her.

     Lucy Fugue had extended her hand and lightning bolts were spilling out her fingertips. It misses Jane by an inch. They had her surrounded within seconds.
Jane rolls her eyes and puts her hands in the air, defeated. "Okay, okay," she says. "Where the hell were you and why weren't you up there," Pretty Polly steps in and asks.

Jane turns to look at her and her eyes harden. "Why weren't you up there," she asks Polly the same question. "Someone needed to be on the surface, Jane. You're creating disharmony," Lucy Fugue speaks from behind her.

Jane tilts her head to look at her. "The position was open, Lucy. Have at it. You can get us all in the same wavelength you care so much about it." The Secretary was quick to pipe in. "Jane? Hun, we all know how this works here, right? There are rules, right? You're the primary which means you're the one on top," she says.

Lucy Fugue interrupts her, saying, "Which keeps an equal librium down here—" The Secretary continues, "—an equal librium that must be maintained."

"Yeah, cause we're all besties. Love your friendship bracelet, Ms. Secretary," Jane scoffs. Silver Tongue asks behind Jane, "Is this a joke to you?"