Dream

JANE'S BEDROOMJane's eyes snap open

JANE'S BEDROOM
Jane's eyes snap open. She lies atop her purple bed. A book, "Romeo and Juliet," lays open on her chest. The dream's still weighing on her chest. Her room's a cluttered mess with pictures of the Cullens and pieces of artwork. A knock on the door causes her to sit up on her bed. Her uncle Charlie enters, carrying two gifts, one wrapped, one not.

"Mornin' Jane. Do you want to come with me to surprise Bella," he asks. Jane remembers. It's Bella's birthday today. "Yeah, sure," she replies, her voice a bit raspy. She lifts the covers off her body and steps out of her bed. She walks toward her wardrobe and pulls out a painted canvas. Jane walks out behind Charlie as he knocks at Bella's door. They walk in. "Happy birthday, Bells," Charlie and Jane say at the same time, smiling at the birthday girl.

"We agreed on no gifts," Bella smiles at them and shakes her head. "At least mine's not wrapped," Charlie smiles and sits on the end of Bella's bed. Jane follows and takes a seat next to her, placing her head on Bella's shoulder. Charlie hands Bella her gift. It's a digital camera. Bella's pleased, despite herself. "Okay, this is actually kind of great. Thanks, dad," she smiles and gives him a hug.

He smiles and hugs her back. He then hands her a wrapped gift. "Goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated - well, she coordinated me." Bella opens the wrapped gift to reveal a scrapbook. Charlie clarifies, "It's to put your pictures in, record your senior year -- man, senior year. How'd you get so old so fast?"

This causes Jane to giggle. Bella retorts, "not that old." Charlie continues to tease his daughter, "I don't know. Is that a wrinkle?" Bella immediately races to the mirror, searching her face. "I was kidding," Charlie chuckles as he hears Bella say, "So not funny, dad." Jane stands up off Bella's bed and beams at her, handing her a painted canvas.

Bella gently takes it, shaking her head, "You didn't have to." Jane smiles and shrugs her shoulders. Bella turns it around to reveal a painting of both Bella and Jane, hugging. Behind Jane's shadow, stands exactly sixty-four stars, representing all of her alters. Her cousin's eyes begin to tear up as she stares at the painting.

"Wow, Jane. Thank you so much," she gives Jane an awkward side hug and shows her father the painting. Jane stands aside and smiles at the duo, not bothering to tell her cousin about how she dreamt of her boyfriend just minutes ago.

HIGHWAY
Lush green trees overcast the landscape. That is the rainy world that is Forks. Jane sits in Bella's old truck as it lumbers down the two-lane highway. Jane acknowledges how Edward has made his way into her dreams. And though it was only just a dream, she craves for more of him.

Ever since prom night, things between Jane and him completely shifted. They started hanging out with each other more. He even started to teach her how to play the piano. He's also been wanting to know more about her mental illness. In fact, Jane recently found out that he studied to become a doctor but never actually worked in a hospital.