He's Coming

SWAN RESIDENCECharlie is watching a baseball game on the T

SWAN RESIDENCE
Charlie is watching a baseball game on the T.V when suddenly the door bursts open. It reveals a crying Bella and a devastated Edward. "I said, leave me alone," Bella exclaims. Jane appears behind Grammy Award winning actors. "Bella, don't do this. Just think about it, please," Edward replies.

"Get out! It's over," Bella exclaims, slamming the door in his face "Shit," Jane curses under her breath, opening the door back up again. Shooting Edward a look, she walks back inside the house. "Uh, forget something," she asks, placing her hands over her hips. Bella ignores her. Charlie has risen, completely baffled. "Bella? Jane? What happened," he asks, concerned.

"I have to get out of this place. Out of Forks. I'm leaving. Now," Bella says, running up the stairs. Charlie hurries after his daughter as Jane rans up behind them. She casts him him a sad look and walks into her room before he can say anything to her.

Jane pulls things from her drawers and shoves them into a duffle bag. Hearing Charlie talk to Bella outside her room, she walks out and heads for the living room. In followed Charlie and Bella.

"Your mother's not even in Phoenix," he tries to reason with his daughter. "And Jane - you're on probation. You can't leave the state for another thirty days. You guys, please," he pleads, tearing up.

"I'm sorry, Uncle. I need to go to keep her safe," Jane replies. He knew she was right. Without Jane, who knows what could happen to Bella? One thing Charlie knows for sure is that he trusts Jane and her alters with his life.

"She'll come home. I'll call her from the road," Bella tries to assure her father. "You can't drive home now. I'll take you girls to the airport in the morning," Charlie urges them to stay. "I want to drive. I need time to think. We'll pull into a motel in a few hours. I promise," Bella is almost to the door, but Charlie blocks her.

He tries his best to get his niece and daughter to stay, "You guys, I know I'm not around much, but I can change that. We can do more things together." Jane stands back, allowing the father and daughter duo to talk through things. Bella takes a breath, hating herself for what she's about to say.

"Like watch more baseball on the flatscreen? Or go to the Coffee Shop? Same people, same steak, same berry cobbler every night? That's you, Dad. Not me," she strikes him with the final punch. This hits Charlie hard. She can barely stand it, heading down the front stairs, he takes a second to recover.

"Bella... I just got you back. I just got Jane, my own niece who I've never gotten to meet," he turns around to look at Jane as she stands in silence. This breaks Bella's heart... and forces her to deliver the final blow. "And if I don't get out now, I'm going get stuck here like mom did." At that Jane takes a step back and gasps, covering her mouth.

Charlie is stunned, wounded. She takes advantage of his shock to push past him out the door, followed by a sorry Jane. Jane and Bella exit, heading towards the truck. Fresh tears spring to Bella's eyes. "Damn, Bella. That was a little rough, don't you think," Jane mumbles. Bella does nothing but drive her Chevy truck to the Cullen's house.