25: The Effects of Love

Start from the beginning

When I look at his bright smile, I feel like the world vanishes around me. When his eyes are locked on mine, I feel like I am looking at galaxies instead of pupils.

When he is around, I feel like I am home and there's no other place that I would rather be.

He never leaves my mind, he's always there, mentally if not physically.

I fell in love with him....

It happened so slowly but still fast at the same time.

I didn't even realize I had stopped breathing for a moment. I looked at my sister.

"How do you know so much about love? Do you have someone? Come on sis, you should have told me.", I said.

She rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance.

"Well, I know about love a lot because I have done phD in wattpad. It's not like I have a boyfriend. But who needs boyfriend when you can fly to your fantasy land everyday with handsome guys?", she said and I laughed. My sister is crazy.

*****

I woke up the next morning, feeling really happy. I was like a hormonal teenager, giddy and impatient. I couldn't wait to get to office today. I wanted to see him.

After freshening up, I dressed for the day and got out of the apartment. I drove to the company. As I was quite early, I prepared coffee for myself in the coffee machine that had been set up at one corner of the company and got to my own desk.

I placed the coffee at one side of my desk and I went through some files in the meantime. After a while, I heard footsteps and I got up from my seat.

Jimin was in his black suit looking prim and proper as always. He gave a small smile to me, making my heart beat faster and I smiled back. Then, he walked inside his room and closed the door.

I can't look at him the same way I used to look at him before.

Not when I have these feelings for him.

Not when I know that I love him.

What should I do of these feelings?

I was so restless and distracted and my thoughts, it started from something else and ended with him.

"Oh God", I muttered, this was giving me a headache. Stupid love.

During lunch, I was with Soya in the cafeteria of the company.

And I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Miss Kim, Miss Kim!", Soya's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?", I immediately brought my attention back to reality.

"Do you need that much ketchup?", She asked me and I looked at my plate. Oh god.

I had made my burger all soaked in ketchup. I was squeezing out some ketchup from the bottle of ketchup sauce and because I was in a daze, I destroyed the burger.

"You are really distracted today. Did something happen?", She asked me.

"No, I am just...tired...", I said.

"Oh, what will you do with the burger?"

"I will eat it. We shouldn't waste food.", I said and had the burger.

After completing lunch, I was in the conference hall for checking the microphone and speakers there since we were going to have a meeting today.

I really needed to do something about this problem. Otherwise I will end up in a mental asylum.