|23|

Three Years Later

Beyoncé POV

I looked at myself in my full body length mirror in my oversized walk-in closet, before doing a twirl.

I thought I looked good, so I walked over to my vanity that had Megan and I's personal jewelry boxes

I thought I looked good, so I walked over to my vanity that had Megan and I's personal jewelry boxes. I dug into mine and picked out my 15 carat diamond studs and put them on in the small mirror.

"Mommy!" I heard my oldest child call for me.

"I'm in the closet Zari!"

As I finished putting in my left stud, Azaria ran over to me and I smiled.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Mommy, my hair." She pouted.

"Okay, c'mon." I spoke as I grabbed her shoulders and led her out of my closet. "Your mommy is getting CeCe and E ready?" I asked.

"Mhm." She nodded.

I walked Azaria into my bathroom and stood her in front of the mirror. She already had her hair in braids, but they were a little messy. I quickly decided to put ribbons on her braids, putting them into ponytails. As I looked in the mirror doing her hair, Azaria smiled at me and I smiled back. I'm so happy Azaria has now become my child.

After having my daughter, Cadence, Jay thought it would be best to have Azaria with me full time due to his career. He wanted her to have a stable home, since he is always traveling and doing shows. Of course we had to go through the courts, so I could receive full custody and guardianship over her, which wasn't easy; but we came out victorious. Carmen legally gave up her rights, allowing me to adopt Azaria, but the entire process was draining. It took two full years for everything to be settled and for me to receive full guardianship.

Taking in Azaria was easy, since it was like she was my daughter anyway, and I was the only mother figure she knew since she was born. But her living with Megan and I, her calling us mommy, coming to us for anything; really hits home that she is my child and always will be, no matter who gave birth to her.

"Beyoncé!" Megan called out for me.

"Yes! In the bathroom!" I yelled back.

After the incident I had with Megan that day when she choked me out, she didn't talk to me for a month. When I finally got her to cave in, I had to basically start over with her and tear her guard back down. It was difficult, but I proved to her after we had our kids, that I'm the one for her and the hormones had me going crazy. It really wasn't me acting like that, though it was me; if that makes any sense.

I was grateful Megan decided to give me another chance, but she warned me that if I ever do that shit again, she's going to leave my ass.

Azaria cringed and covered her ears.

"Girl." I laughed. "I'm not that loud."

"Yes mommy. You're loud loud." She spoke.

I chuckled, shaking my head at my three year old who talks like she's grown. To be only three years old, Azaria is extremely smart. Talking to her is like talking to a teenager and she speaks so proper. I guess Megan and I are the reason for that. Between homeschooling Azaria at the age of one while she was enrolled in daycare, doubled her knowledge. Now, she's at the point where she could be in kindergarten and I'm in the middle of trying to enroll her now.