Act 1.8

A few weeks later...

Today was his coronation and he was busy with learning how to be a king. With etiquette and everything as well helping out containing the black plague which they named it. Many lost their lives, but thanks to Pierson they ended up having at least a cure. But it wasn't enough. It took time to make and the decision who lives and not was one of the hardest he has ever had to make.

Gaius got sick as well, but lucky not from the plague but from old age. This was something he knew, but so far he managed to at least ease the pain, but both knew that he would maybe have another week. Maybe even less and then he would die as well. His heart pained at the thoughts. But he pushed it away as he had to stay strong. Not for his sake but for the people who look at him.

By now no one argued and no one was questioning his decision. Everyone respected him and this was making it easier for him.

A sigh escaped as he started to walk to the throne room. Head held high and his body posture was relaxed. As he entered everyone straightened up. Each side he gave a nod and ended up walking up to the place where Arthur had once stood. Where he once had the coronation. Now it was his time and he wasn't sure how to feel. It felt not right, but that was just him being him again.

As he was in front of the throne he turned around. The crown was put soon on his head and he heard people yell, long live the king. Usually, there would be a big feast, but he declined.

There were people who suffered and he could never do this. It would weight too much on his mind. The people congratulated him and he gave his thanks. God was that exhausting and how some were making him get to know their daughters. They weren't Arthur and he could never get together with a female. That was why he just talked politely with them and the princesses were thinking like him.

The rest of the day he helped out working until he got called by John. He followed and listening to the male explain about Gaius and that it seemed that his sickness got worse. This was to expected and he gave him a curt nod. He was left alone in the room and let out a weary sigh. As he walked up and sat on the chair.

"Hey..."

He softly greeted. He wished that his father figure would have been there, but there was just no way that the older man could walk nor stand anymore.

"H...hey..."

The weak voice greeted back and he smiled sadly now. Both knew that there was nothing he could do. Time was just gruesome and it will take everyone away.

"I guess that is it, huh?"

He asked and a weak chuckle was heard coming from the person in front of him.

"I just wanted you to know that I am grateful. You helped me and taught me what I needed to know, but the most important thing was that you were always there for me. For that, I have to thank you."

He smiled now softly. The male in front of him looked at him now with a soft expression, but it was clear that he was weakened. The sickness was seen on the older man's facade. Skin pale, eyes sunken, bags under them.

"I h...have to thank y..you. Y...you showed a...and taught me many things. I a...am grateful t...that I have met you M...Merlin. Never c...change stay always y...yourself."

He nodded at this and taking the other man's hand now into his. A squeeze he gave and a grateful smile. Even with the tears there were flowing down right now. One squeeze was given back, but soon the hand slacked and he saw him let out one last breath and eyes closed. He let out a sigh and kissing the hand, as letting go of it then.

'Thank you for everything you have taught me...'

He sniffed and sobbed now. Now he lost his second father figure and god was that painful. At least he hoped that Gaius would end up in heaven and watching over him. Merlin hadn't realized that someone had entered until he felt someone pulling him into a hug.

"I am so sorry, Mer..."

He hugged back now and crying into the chest of his older brother. This was the first time that he cried. And right now he couldn't care that someone would see him weak. This was his father figure and something in him just broke.

---

The years went by and by now they managed to get rid of the pest. Everyone started to age, or almost everyone and it pained him. His older brother wasn't aging at all. John and Pierson a year after, the death of Gaius got together and he was so glad about this. It wasn't just Camelot alone who suffered from the plague, but others had as well.

Merlin decided that no one can get inside anymore until this plague went over. There was just no way that he could risk having more people end up having the plague....

---

One by one, each passing years, his friends starting to die. Until one last friend stayed alive, but even he died soon. The boyfriend/lover of Pierson John. He and John grew close over the years and now even he took his last breath. It was out of old age and was to expect.

This time it was him who helped Pierson. And it took ages for him to get Pierson back to his feet. They ended up watching the time change until it was back to how Pierson knew it. 700 years later. The two were now closer than ever and it seemed that because he coming back to his time, Pierson never ended up together with the Holmes family.

One less worry or that was what Pierson told him, but he could tell the difference. He cared for his nonbiological family. But there was nothing he could change and so they waited for their both beloved people to come here. In 221B Baker street in London, where everything started for Sherlock.

---

The first book has finished. I will get the next book up in a week probably. The next books have not many chapters as in Series the series itself doesn't either. I hope you enjoyed this so far.