Falling into Temptation

Start from the beginning

“Dave?” Kath said uncertain. She squinted her eyes to take a clear look at her face and I notice that her eyes were sort of clouded and she was shaking. She is drunk. “What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here, go, go away” she looked away, pushing me.

I frowned, “I thought we had settled things?”. Kath refused to look at me, “go! Go!”.

“I won’t until you come with me”.
“hey” Kyle cut in, “she came with me and we are not done talking, right darling?”. He grinned at Kath. She smiled but it didn’t quite reach her eyes. I glared at him darkly, “she is not interested in doing anything with you so back off”.

“Go away Dave, stop interrupting me and Kath” Kyle said, waving me off and he even had the guts to kiss Kath in front of me. Kath looked a big hesitant to kiss him back but kissed him anyways and I flared. How dare he?!

“Get your hands off her!” I yelled angrily and dragged him by his collar. Kath got up gasping and I threw Kyle to the floor. “Dave?! What are you doing?!” She exclaimed shocked. She didn’t look angry, just shocked. Even Ayo was surprised.

Because Kath got up suddenly, she swayed to the side in a bout of dizziness but I caught her by the waist immediately. We had gotten everyone’s attention. Ayo watched us, shaking his head.

Kyle got up and glared at me. “what is wrong with you?! How does what I do with Kath affect you? Is it your business?”. He dragged Kath away from me. “Kyle, I am warning you. Stop this stupidity, leave Kath alone” I warned.

“Go away Dave” Kath said dully. I glared at her, “shut up! You are such a coward, you run away from your problems and you break promises. You are going to be punished for this”.

Kyle laughed mockingly, “punished? Who is going to punish her? I advice you Dave. Go away, Kath is happy with me. Why do you insist in the foolishness? Don’t embarrass yourself more”. He looked at Kath, “dear, let’s go somewhere quiet”.

Kath nodded and that infuriated me more, why is she doing this? I won’t let her. “Come back here!” I yelled and dragged Kyle with me. I punched in squarely of the face and he got knocked down. His nose began to bleed. “Seriously Dave” Kyle looked at the blood in disbelief, “you attacked me for what exactly? Her or something else?”.

I stayed quiet as everyone continued staring. I said coldly, “that is not for you to know but don’t you ever try this again. Whether Kath tells you to do it or you are interested, do not try it in your life”. Kyle glared at me but there was nothing he could do. He walked away, bowing his head.

I turned to Kath, ignoring everyone’s stares. “Let’s go Kath” I said, holding her hand. She dragged it away, “no! How could you do that? That was wrong?”.

“I’m not in the mood for drama Kath” I said impatiently.

“Really, but you had time to cause a scene with Kyle. Why are you being so hypocritical?”.

“and why are you being so stubborn” I hissed, “I still haven’t mentioned the facts that you are keeping secrets from me. What are you thinking?” I ended up asking.

Kath fell quiet. She looked away, “it doesn’t matter. I’m going to my room”. She turned to leave but I grabbed her hand tightly. “you are not going anywhere” I said in a low dangerous voice. She flinched.

“no” she shook her head and I carried her easily and threw her over my shoulder. Her head was at my back and it bounced with every step I took. “Ah! What?! Put me down Dave?! How dare you?!” She yelled but she couldn’t do anything. Ayo slapped his forehead and followed behind us.