seventeen [ moving on ]

Start from the beginning

Gguk rarely ever did really take out time to wash his face but today he wanted to look good as he was about to go on his fifth date with Hoseok.

It was crazy to him that over that past two months he had been on five dates with him, each getting better exponentially and being completely honest --  he's even been feeling things. Small little bursts of butterflies, blushing cheeks and cute giggles reoccurring constantly when they hang out.

"Jeongguk are you fucking done? I need to shit!" He heard his little brother Hyeongjun shout from outside the locked bathroom door, hand on both his cheeks moving in circles, face wash bubbling between his fingers.

"Use the other bathroom, dumbass!" He shouted back, putting his hands under the flowing water again, washing off the residue of the bubbles sticking to his skin. Oh, how he wanted his own bathroom to not be disturbed for once by either Hyeongjun or Joohyun. 

"Wifi isn't good there, did you forget that already? Are you are that old?" He heard his younger brother groan in annoyance hearing him stomp around, not even getting offended by his comments at this point anymore. He was more than used to that brat being around, attached to one of his consoles or phone in the hours their parents allowed him to use either, not surprised if his blood stream had wifi coursing through it at this point. "What do you even need so long for?"

"Wait two seconds you impatient child." Gguk scoffed back at him, continuing to rinse his face with the cold water. "I'm washing my face because i'm not disgusting like you."

He was immediately met with a chuckle that he just knew was accompanied with that signature bratty smirk that his brother mastered at the age of five. "Ohhh, are you going out with that Hoseok guy again? Jeongguk has a boyfriend, Jeongguk has a boyfriend~" He sang in an obnoxiously loud voice, really trying to make the whole house hear, Gguk noticing his face heating up, unlocking the door, met with the exact smile he had imagined.

Before he could even open his mouth, wanting to scold his younger brother, he was met with the same sing song from before. "Ohh you are blushing, you ah-are blushing, Jeongguk has a boyfriend, Jeongguk has a boyfriend!" Hyeongjun hopped around to taunt him even more, Gguk's eyes closing in a glare, taking a step closer to him, the younger taking a step back for each.

"One more and you are so dead." Gguk almost whispered, eyes almost completely pressed together, fist curling up, he couldn't ever hate his brother but this is the closest he's gotten since he trashed his guitar two years ago.

Smirk on the younger's face getting even bigger, slowly opening his mouth, taking a breath in. "Jeongguk. has. a-" Hyeongjun took a step back with each word, already seemingly getting ready to run. "brother that can go to the toilet now!" And thus he was shoved to the side, his brother disappearing into the bathroom behind him before he could even try to get a hold of him.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes, letting out an annoyed gasp. He does love his younger brother but he sure can be a brat that doesn't know how to behave sometimes -- well, a lot of the time.

"I'm getting back at you for this when i'm back, dumbass." Jeongguk made sure to shout before making his way up the hallway to his room, needing to get ready about now to make it on time.

"If you aren't too busy!" Hyeongjun shouted back at him, following his words with kissing sounds, making Gguk roll his eyes once again. Oh, he was going to remember this.

Picking out an outfit for a date was something he wasn't very used to before Hoseok had asked him on his very first one, but now it has gotten way easier than before. No more 'is this too much black, is a hoodie too casual, are these jeans too ripped?'

He just wore what made him feel good, something he had to teach himself. To have the little things in a day maintain his happiness, with his biggest reason to be out of his life.