ⓈⒾⒼⒽⓉⓈ

23|ℐᏉᎯℕ

23|ℐᏉᎯℕ

   HERE WE GO. I smell the roses again, fresh and aromatic. After putting my phone in my pocket, I adjust the gold lapel of my Givenchy tuxedo.

   "Were you guys just texting?" her mother asks.

    I smile a nervous smile. "I only told her it was okay to come down."

   She shakes her head, smiling. I look up from her towards the staircase. There she is.

   Damn!

   Billions of thousands of thoughts run through my head. Now I know how grooms feel when they're standing on the other side of the aisle.

   Is it just me, or is she actually moving in slow motion?

   My feet begin to move and my heart triples its pace. I silently hope my face doesn't reflect the randomness of my thoughts.

    When I get to her, she smiles, batting her lashes. I take her hand. Her nails are painted in glossy pastel golds, and her dress is magnificent. The gold sequins and rhinestones look like the northern lights.

   Damn the rules today.

   "My breath is stole." I say. I didn't plan it. I'm also just hearing it for the first time. She chuckles, smiling fully. "This is for you." I hand her the roses. Her smile widens. Then I pull out the jewellery case from my pocket and open it. 

    Her eyes light up even brighter. "Oh my God. Wow!" She says, "they're beautiful. Thank  you."

    I prostrate. "You're welcome."

   "Help me." She turns around and lifts her hair, exposing her neck. For a moment or two I'm distracted by the daring design of the dress, her bare back. She turns around and our eyes meet. I smile and she whispers, "we're running late." I wrap the necklace around her neck and the diamond bracelet around her wrist.

   She has another one with cute angels on it. They both look like actual good-luck charms. I steal another glance at her face, and I can't tell if the colour in her cheeks is from the surprise or the makeup. But Damn! She's like crisp champagne, only sexier. 

   Rules. Remember the rules.

   I don't think I can calm the hormones today, I'm going to kiss her. Not right now in front of her mother, but today. I can feel it.

   "You've outdone yourself." She looks up at me from the bracelet, placing a golden eagle brooch on my lapel. 

   Gosh! She's beautiful!