Chapter 25

The cab came to a halt and as I paid the driver, I noticed the way he looked at Patricia. His eyes dark and filled with lust. I looked back at Patricia to find her staring down at her phone while men looked at her the same way the driver looked at her. I waved the note before the driver's eyes and that made him snap out of it as he took the money and giving one last glance towards Patricia, drove away.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I found her looking into her phone.

"He has still not texted me even if he knew I was going to a club. He is simply not interested. Ugh! He loved his work more than me," she heaved out a sigh while I just smiled awkwardly, and then we went inside the club. Our feet vibrating to the base of music playing inside the club. The smell of alcohol and sweat hit my nostrils and I put my hand on my nose while I followed Patricia while she guide me into the dark alley into the club.

As soon as we passed through the bouncers, the music got even higher and I held my ear getting used to the loud noise. Patricia seemed to be excited as she jumped excitedly and looked back at me smiling like a goof. She pulled me to the bar and took a seat, as a bartender attended us showing us his perfectly whitened teeth.

"What can I get for you two lovely ladies?" he asked and I looked behind him towards the display board.

"Get me a bourbon," I told him and he nodded as he asked Patricia and she asked for a Bloody Mary. He passed us our drinks and we clinked our glass as we gulped it down in a go and I was already feeling amazing jamming with the music as all of a sudden she pulled my hand to the dance floor and I laughed walking after her swaying to the song.

After some minutes, I started to feel light-headed. I guess the alcohol started to do its role and made me forget all my problems and all that tension I had stored in my bosom. My hands raised up and I swayed to the music just loving the moment.

I guess it was the right idea to join Patricia after all.

I saw her dancing with a guy but even though I wanted to pull her away from him, I restrained myself from doing so thinking of letting her enjoy for some moment. I was not drunk nor tipsy. I simply had two glasses of bourbon and here I was already feeling light. But, I was on my senses, so I thought of watching over Patricia.

The DJ changed the song to a romantic one and while the people around me got themself a partner, I shrugged and thought of enjoying on my own when all of a sudden a pair of hand snaked around my waist and someone pulled me to his chest. I couldn't see the person but I could feel his hot breath on my neck.

I got hold of his hand and tried to remove them when he tightened his grip and I got a whiff of alcohol and I knew whoever it was he was drunk. "Lady I know you are all alone. I'm alone too let us enjoy for some moment. I only want to dance," I heard his drunk voice and I stiffened and looked back at Patricia.

She was all carefree as she leaned to the man next to her and they swayed to the music totally oblivious to my presence. I thought of it and as the man behind me didn't do anything, I started to grow little free and he made me move to the music. He loosened his grip but I was still not facing him so I had no idea who he was or how he looked.

The music grew bold and as I was swaying with him, I felt him leaning down to me once again. "I saw you when you entered the club. Gosh! You like a goddess. I just want to take you home and-" before he could complete that I walked away from his grip wanting to get away but all of a sudden he got hold of my arms and pulled me back suddenly. My heartbeat raised up as felt him leaning down on me and before I knew it he was already kissing my neck. I could feel his hot mouth on my neck, but anything I knew I felt disgusted and wanted to get away from him.