Chapter 17

The traffic was hectic as usual and to top of that, it was the beginning of monsoon season. Thunders and lightning stroke over us as I wrapped my coat to myself and waited for the traffic to clear out so that the taxi driver could drive me to Keith's Penthouse.

"It's raining cats and dogs," I heard the driver gushing under his breath as he honked at the car before us. It took probably fifteen minutes, for the traffic to clear out, and finally, he drove out of the traffic and to Keith's apartment.

I would occasionally think of what to say when I finally meet him. I felt embarrassed as I thought of the incident that happened back in my hostel. I should have heard his side of the story but then he was just so aggressive and that astonished me. I had never seen him in such condition and that made me wonder why would he lose his state of mind for something like this. He could've directly called the cops or could've told me that he caught that guard with the pictures. So why did he take this matter to his hand all of a sudden?

Oceania Complex.

It was pouring when I paid the driver and got out of the cab. I had to run to save myself from getting drenched, but still, I managed to get soaked under the rain and that made me curse under my breath. I had just washed my hair in the morning and now this, I was sure I would be a subject to cold and cough or a flu if I kept on getting soaked like this. To top of that I was already starting to feel feverish.

"I should better hurry up and sort this out with Keith before I return back to my hostel," I whispered followed by a sneeze as I rubbed my nose and made my way towards the elevator.

Two minutes later, I was standing right before his apartment door. "Hey! Hi!"

"How are you doing?"

"I wanted to talk about what happened last time. It was really unfortunate," I spoke or should I say prepared myself as if I were going to a job interview but then sighed hitting my head with my fist. "What the hell am I doing?" I muttered as I inhaled deeply and finally pressed the doorbell.

As the time passed by with him not opening the door, I grew impatient and pressed the bell again. For the third time, I had to press it again and as I grew frustrated continuously pressing the bell, I thought of leaving but all of a sudden, the door flung open, and there stood Keith only with a white towel hung low on his waist, completely drenched as he looked at me more like glaring.

"Can't you wait for a second? I was in the shower!" he said out of breath and all I did was lower my hand which was still on the bell. My mind was blank for a second as I looked at his body. Like a slow-motion video in movies, I could actually see the water droplets rolling down from his chest to his navel. Oh my god! Those abs he had... 

"Vienna?" I was brought out of my world as I looked the other way and shook my head throwing the dirty thoughts out of my head. "Yeah! I can see," I told him referring that he was indeed having a shower.

"Get in!" he said and walked away and I took it the time, to rub my cheeks feeling it hot all of a sudden as I walked into his apartment and saw him standing near the couch.

And now his back. Water dripped down on his fine back and I couldn't help myself but to check him out.

All of a sudden something flew my way and I caught it out of instinct only to find it a towel. "It looks you had a shower too," he said and without even looking my way walked towards his bedroom. I took the opportunity to look down at myself only to find my pink tops changed into a sheer top because of the water dripping down from my hair.

"Shit!"

~

As I towel dried my hair and stood near the balcony looking out of the glass, I felt someone behind me, and knowing it was Keith, I continued drying my hair but all of a sudden feeling goosebumps making their way up on my body.

"I am turning off the AC," I heard him and nodded as I felt him leave. But as I turned around he was right behind me, staring down at me, incredibly closer to me as I gasped and looked up at him. It was again raining outside as I heard a thunder strike and then followed by some flashes of lightning, but then I was not really facing the balcony to be able to see that, I could only see it from his eyes.

His eyes sparkling up and the abrupt light of lightning falling on his face had me swooning over his facial features. Sharp nose, electrifying blue eyes, and all of a sudden, I found him looking at me the same way as I was looking at him. He bent down for a second and I felt the towel, slipping out of my hand and before I knew it, the distance between us grew lesser and lesser and my heartbeat rising up when I felt something cold on my lips and I didn't even get the chance to register what was going on when all of a sudden I was pushed back to the balcony glass and it was when I understood the feeling.

Feeling of a passionate kiss as I felt him kissing me passionately holding me by my waist. Is this attraction? Does he feel the same things that I've started to feel for him?

My hands found their way up towards his neck and then his hair as I started to reply him back with the same amount of feeling and urgency that he was showing me. It was actually my first real kiss. Not the one, where Keith pecked my lips, because he was drunk, but this was my first as I felt my heart about to explode and the passion inside me wanting to do more than just a kiss.