CHAPTER 7

Amelia's pov

Should I tell Jake about this? I thought. No, I don't want to put him in danger... not him and not Nick. The stalker will soon get tired of me and leave me alone.
Will he? I was having a lot of thoughts on my mind when Jake called me. "Amelia.... I.... I want to talk to you about something." He had a very sad expression on his face when he pulled me to a corner.

"What is Jake? Is something wrong?" I asked worried. "My father is calling me back to Los Angeles." He said looking at me in the eyes. "Oh...... t-that's great. You always wanted to visit your mom and dad right." I put on a fake smile although it was very very hard. "You are going to be okay right? I..... I will be back in a couple of months." He said taking my hands in his. "Yeah, I will be alright. I'm just worried I have to deal with Nick all alone." I chuckled looking away.

"So..... when are you leaving?" I asked.

"Tonight"

_____________________

"Promise me something Amelia" Jake asked. I looked at him confused.

"Promise me that you will call me, text me or do something to contact me if anything is bothering you. I will be back. I want you to wait for me." He half whispered then leaned in and kissed me.

I nodded.

"The flight is going to take off. Bye." He hugged me and gave a fist bump to Nick who said "Don't die man"

I was happy to see him going to visit his parents but why are these tears not stopping. It's ok he is going to come back after a couple of months. I turned around and ran outside the airport crying.

______________________

"AMELIA!!" I shook my head to look at Nick with a worried look on his face. "Did you say something?" I asked him. "I asked if you......... nevermind. What is happening to you? It's been two weeks since Jake left and you have been like this ever since." he said. "Like what?" I asked confused. "Well if you hadn't seen yourself in the mirror, let me tell you that you look like someone who has come from the world of dead" he folded his arms looking at me.

"Come on Amelia. He is gonna be back in just a couple of months. Have you been talking to him?" He asked. "No" I replied without any emotion, looking down. "Why?" He asked. I remained silent. "Amelia" he shook my shoulders. "Nick, please" I pleaded. He saw that I was in the verge of tears.
"Why don't you just talk to him Amelia?" he asked.

"I DON'T WANT TO INTERFERE BETWEEN HIM AND HIS FAMILY, NICK. I don't..... want him to be worried about me. I'm scared that if I talked to him, I will make him come back" I broke into tears saying these thoughts aloud. Nick hugged me and said "It's ok. It's ok Amelia. Everything is going to be alright"

I smiled as I felt a big weight lifted off my shoulders "Thank you Nick."

_____________________________

"Call me if you need anything okay?"
Nick waved me bye as he dropped me at my home. "Sure" I nodded and smiled "Now get going" I said. After the car turned a corner, I turned towards my home.

"Hey"

I heard a voice calling me. Turning around I saw a guy of almost my age. He was handsome and his body screamed muscles. Now that guy looks like he also sleeps in the gym.

"Um hello... Do I know you?" I asked him.

"I guess not" He smiled and added "I am Stevenson from Florida and I am your new neighbour. It's nice to meet you" He smiled and offered me a hand.

"Well hello I am Amelia. You said you were from Florida right? Have we met before? Because I too am from Florida." I asked him

"Yeah" He smiled. "But I don't think we have talked before. We actually studied in the same school. I have seen you a lot of times but I don't think you know me because I was not good at being social at that time" he shrugged.

There were some different vibes about the way he was speaking or the way he was looking at me. What the hell Amelia, stop watching a lot of movies.

"I'll be going then, it was nice meeting you Stevenson" I smiled.

"Call me Steve please. And I wish we can be good friends starting now." he said giving me a thumbs up. I smiled and nodded.

A/n ......... let's say hello to the new handsome neighbour shall we?

Stay tuned~~