CHAPTER 12

Amelia’s pov

I started feeling my body weaken after all the meals I refused to eat. Every time he entered the room with food, I turned away, refusing to even look him in the eyes. I just couldn’t find the apetite in me to eat the food. Its better to even starve to death. I never left my place in the floor near the bedpost.

I heard the door open again and I saw him come towards me, holding a plate of food. I refused even though my stomach protested. I couldn’t eat anything after what he did to me.

He kneeled in front of me. “Come on Amelia, eat this. I don’t like seeing you like this” he asked in a pleading tone. I looked at him disgusted. “You know what? I don’t like seeing you” I said tilting my head. “I hate this place... I hate this food... and I HATE YOU” I shouted, unable to keep my anger in check, taking deep breaths to calm myself.

He scoffed getting up, his expression darkened. “I’m losing my patience here cupcake” He said in a deadly tone keeping his face in an unreadable expression. “Eat” he kept the plate on the floor before me. “I will never do whatever you say” I said looking directly into his eyes.

He laughed getting up. I thought he lost it when he just stood there laughing. He went outside away from my sight. He then came back with something in his hand behind him. My eyes widened when I saw a baseball bat held in his hand. I crawled back till I hit the wall. He started coming towards me with an expressionless face, his eyes dark and distant. My hands started shaking and I could barely breathe as he neared me. He pulled back the bat and swiftly swung the bat. I closed my eyes waiting for a impact when I heard a crash. I looked up to see that he had hit a lamp that was kept in the table near me. The impact of the bat had made the lamp shatter to pieces and I came to know a little too well what would have happened if the bat would have hit me.

“I don’t want to hurt you cupcake.” he said looking at me “EAT... or you will be punished” He kept watching me as he said that. I slowly moved towards the food and started eating it. I felt like gagging, but I know what will happen if I give in to the sensation. I swallowed the food without tasting it, emptying the plate within 5 mins or so. I holded back my tears and I felt the pain in my throat. Don’t cry.... please don’t cry.

I moved away from the plate as soon as I finished it and went back crouching near the wall as if the wall would give me some protection. “Good girl” he said as he took the plate and went outside. I was thankful that he left soon, I relaxed in my position. My luck sucked, as he came back. I stifened as he came close to me... too close. He stood near me so that his legs almost brushed my shoulder. I heard a clattering noise as I persumed that he was cleaning the mess he made before. I didn’t dare look up. He collected the remains of the lamp and made his way outside, I saw that he still had that cold expression on his face. I heard him close the door and the sound of the lock, now I know he won't come back... at least for some time. I climbed onto the bed and lied down, looking at the ceiling with cracks and wornout paint. I wanted to wake up from this nightmare and to my normal life with Nick sending me insults and Jake holding me back from hitting him. But no, it never happened. I was stuck in here and Nick had died, all because of me. If only I had told someone or anyone about the stalker then this would have never happened. I chose to keep it to myself and it cost Nick his life.

I didn’t know how, maybe I was tired because of crying too much or maybe because of the fear. I drifted off to sleep slowly.

I woke up gasping for air and felt that I was sweating like hell, my hair was dampen and stuck to my head. Nick.... I ALWAYS woke up to the same dream, the one where I see a white blade stabbing Nick and his lungs eaten by the stomach acids. I always see him writhing and felt his pain but couldn’t move. I was always pulled towards a black hooded figure smiling a sick smile.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around. It was dark, this was the first time I have slept for a this long. I heard a shuffling movement beside me and turned around. It was hard to see in the darkness but, I knew it was Steve, sitting at the edge of my bed. My shoulder tensed and I moved back a little. I couldn’t makeout his expression in the dark as he turned to look at me.

“You’re awake” he said and I felt something in his voice. I felt the Steve with whom I spent my jogging routine every morning. It was the Steve with whom I went shopping with. It was my friend Steve with whom I cherished every day.

A/n I wrote this in a hurry... so if there were any typos pls excuse me... and my writing might have slight gore from now....

thank you!!💜