58

~third person~

     Todoroki managed to sneak a glance at the text on his phone as Kinumi walked back into the dining room. As she sat down, he asked with a hushed voice, "Where's (Y/n)?"

     "She said she was going to go outside for a minute once she was done in the bathroom," Kinumi said, just as quietly.

     The conversation continued for half an hour before Mrs. Ito said, "(Y/n) has been in the bathroom for a while."

     Todoroki stood up. "I'll go check on her," he said, preparing to leave the room.

     Kinumi followed his actions. "I'll go with you."

     The adults nodded their approval as the two left the room, going towards the living room. Now that they were away from their parents, Todoroki decided to ask once again, "Where's (Y/n)?"

     "I've already told you," Kinumi said, not missing a beat.

     Todoroki, not believing her, took out his phone to reply to his girlfriend's text. He had typed out 'Which closet?' but hadn't been able to hit 'send' before his phone was taken from his hand.

     Kinumi read the message before deleting it. "You don't seriously believe her, right? She was obviously just trying to start something," the ocean blue-eyed girl said, standing in front of Todoroki.

     "She wasn't trying to start anything," Todoroki said, trying to defend his girlfriend.

     Kinumi took a step forward, causing Todoroki to take a step back toward the wall. "Oh, really? What makes you say that?" the girl asked.

     "(Y/n) doesn't actively try to start things with other people."

     Kinumi took another step forward. "You are aware of what happened when I ran into her the other day, right?"

     Todoroki didn't say anything. He just took another step back as she stepped toward him. His back was only half a step away from the wall at this point. "I'm aware of what had happened. Now, would you give me back my phone?"

      When Todoroki went to grab his phone from her hand, she moved her arm behind her back. "You can have it if you can grab it," Kinumi said, a playful look on her face.

     Todoroki hadn't moved before there was a loud crash from down the hall. As soon as he had moved his head in the direction of the noise, his head was being forced back to look at Kinumi.

~first person~(Y/n) (L/n)~

     I texted Todoroki, and he had left me on read. That was ten minutes ago. I sighed and went to call someone. It wasn't normal for him to do that, especially after I had seen him typing. However, there was probably a good explanation for why he did.

     "Hello?" A familiar voice spoke on the other end of the phone.

     "Hey, Yaomomo," I greeted the girl.

     "(Y/n)? Is the dinner already over? How'd it go?" She asked.

     "It's not over yet, but could you come get me?" I asked.

     "Why? Did something happen?"

     "Yeah. The bitch locked me in a closet."

     "You shouldn't call her that, (Y/n)."

     "She locked me in a closet!"

     I heard Yaoyorozu sigh quietly before speaking. "I'll be there in a few minutes."