56

~first person~(Y/n) (L/n)~

     "About the hero work studies that are like a more serious version of the internships, where you go to where pro heroes work and help them... We talked about them at our faculty meeting yesterday, and almost all the teachers, including the principal, thought you shouldn't do them," Aizawa told us in class.

     "What?!" We all shouted. 

     "After we had that big meeting about it?" Kirishima asked. 

     "But thinking about why we ended up in the dorms, I guess that makes sense..." Kaminari said, petting Ojiro's tail. 

     I actually agree with Kami for once...

     "Serves you right!" Bakugou shouted, hitting his hands on his desk as he stood up. 

     "Just because you probably wouldn't be able to participate..." Hagakure quietly said from her desk beside me. 

     "But some think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with our current policies, so we came to the decision that first years will only be allowed to go to agencies with a good track record of accepting work study students," Aizawa announced. 

     There was a brief silence before my classmates started whispering. "Damn it!" Bakugou called out. 

     "I doubt I'll be able to go to Mantle's agency..." I sighed, trying to think of somewhere else I'd be able to go. 

     "Aren't Hoshi and (L/n) doing work studies?" Hagakure asked me and Denji.

     I nodded my head. "Not a bad idea, Haga." 

~

     "C'mon, Kei, please!" I was practically begging at this point. I had managed to talk to Keijirou about letting me do my work study with the same hero as him, but he instantly rejected it.

     "I said no, (Y/n)," Keijirou said, once again. 

     "Why not?" I asked. 

     "One, I think you should develop your quirk some more and learn how to defend yourself better. Two, even if I did say yes, I highly doubt that he'd accept another student."

     "He might! You don't know for sure!" 

     He sighed. "Look, little spider, it took a lot just for me to get him to accept me. Plus, he hasn't had many work study students so I'm not even sure if the school will let you. You know that I would be glad to introduce you to him, but I'm sure there are other places you can go."

     I sighed in defeat. There was no winning for me in this situation. I said goodbye to my older brother and headed back to my own dorm. 

     There, I met up with Todoroki. "How did it go?" He asked me as I sat down next to him on the couch in the common room. 

     "He said no." 

~

     "You found a place to do your work study at! That's great, Deku!" Uraraka exclaimed. Most of us were currently in the common room, congratulating Midoriya on finding somewhere for his work study. 

     "Congrats, Midoriya!" Iida said, shaking hands with Midoriya. 

     "Thanks," The broccoli said. 

     "I can't be idle, either," Iida told the green-haired boy. 

     "Man, you're really amazing, Midoriya," Kaminari said. 

     "Yeah, I mean, you'll be at Sir Nighteye's agency!" Sero said. 

     "You were recommended by Togata?" Kirishima asked. 

     "Good job!" Satou added. 

     Midoriya seemed a bit nervous but didn't say anything. "The distance between us has widened again..." Todoroki pointed out, causing me to look towards him and Bakugou. "We need to catch up as soon as possible."

     "The school said Gunhead hasn't had enough interns, so I can't go there," Uraraka said. 

     "Same here. I wanted to go to Selkie's but..." Tsuyu said, a finger up to her mouth. 

     "Fourth Kind doesn't even take work studies..." Kirishima said, leaning over the back of the couch. "I mean, the threshold's been set pretty high..." 

     "Yeah, we can only ask pros with good track records who'll take work study students," Kaminari pointed out. 

     "It can't be helped. Unlike the internships, we'll be directly involved, so if anything happens," Ojiro started. 

     "It becomes a problem of who's responsible on the pro side," Aizawa said, making his presence known. "Pros who accept students even after knowing the risks are the real thing. Tokoyami, you've got an invitation for a work study from one of those real pros. It's from Hawks, who works in Kyushu."

     "Hawks?!" Kaminari exclaimed out of surprise. 

     "Ranked third in the hero ranking?!" Sero asked, equally surprised. 

     "What will you do, Tokoyami?" Aizawa asked our class bird. 

     "I respectfully accept," Tokoyami said, standing up properly. 

     "Very well. I'll give you the work study paperwork later. Let me know when you figure out when you'll be going to Kyushu. I'll authorize your absences for those days," Aizawa told him.

     "Isn't that great, Tokoyami?" Shouji asked. 

     "I am most humbly pleased," Tokoyami answered. 

     "We need to catch up as soon as possible," Todoroki said once again. 

     "Stop saying that!" Bakugou told him. 

     "Also, Kirishima, Amajiki from the Big Three wants to see you," Aizawa informed the redhead. 

     "He wants to see me?" Kirishima asked. 

     "Also, Hado wants to talk to Uraraka and Asui. Go see them tomorrow or something and hear them out. That's all," Aizawa said before leaving. 

     "Amajiki... I wonder what he wants," Kirishima thought out loud. 

     "You think it's about the work studies?" Tsuyu asked. 

     Uraraka brightened up almost instantly. "No way! If so, I'm getting my hopes up." 

     I looked at the three. "It probably is. I mean, Amajiki doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd randomly want to talk to someone he's only seen once for no reason," I pointed out. 

     "I can't wait until tomorrow... I'm going to the third years' dorm right now!" Kirishima said, getting up to leave. 

      "Ochaco, let's go, too," Tsuyu suggested. Uraraka agreed, following Tsuyu. 

     "We need to catch up as-" Todoroki started, but was cut off by Bakugou. 

     "Shut up!"

     I really hope Baku won't blow Todo's face off...

     "Uraraka and the others sure are lucky," Kaminari said. 

     They really are...

     "Let's do our best, too!" Sero said. 

     "Who cares about work studies? Even if first years like us go, we'll just be made to run errands and stuff," Mineta said, staring at Ashido's chest. 

     "That was what happened at your internship, right?" Kaminari asked the midget. 

     "Don't remind me of my dark past!" This caused us to laugh.