17

We got the next few days of school off after the festival.

     On one of those days, I had decided to go and take a walk outside. I had been walking around for about an hour, not really going anywhere in particular. I stopped at a small store to buy a snack and was just leaving the store when I saw a boy with red and white hair on the other side of the street.

     I quickly crossed the street and caught up to the boy. "Todo!" I said as I got closer.

     Todoroki stopped and turned to face me. "(Y/n)?"

     "The one and only! Anyway, where are you headed?"

     "Home."

     "Ah. Do you want a pop tart? It's Orange Crush," I offered, holding out one of the pop tarts I had bought.

     "No, thanks," Todoroki said. He paused as he glanced at me eating my pop tart. "How about I buy you some better food?"

     "What?" I looked up. "You think I can't buy myself anything better to eat?"

     "You just came out of a convenience store with Orange Crush pop tarts."

     "I don't have to be poor to eat pop tarts. As you can see, I don't have toaster pastries."

     I noticed Todoroki's unbelieving glance so I said, "My parents work at I-island. Actually, both mine and Denji's families are pretty well-off. His parents, who also work at I-island, work in the radiation lab while my parents work in the chemical lab."

~

     When school started back again, it was raining. But the rain didn't damped our moods.

     "It's kind of weird now that people recognize us from TV," Ashido said. "So many people wanted to talk to me on my way here this morning."

     "People on the street were actually looking at me!" Hagakure said.

     "You won't believe what a group of elementary school brats were shouting at me," Sero said.

     "'Nice try'?" Tsuyu asked. I laughed lightly as Sero groaned.

     "Morning," Aizawa said as he entered the classroom.

     I rushed to my seat with the rest of the class. "Good morning, Mr. Aizawa."

     "Mr. Aizawa, you don't have your bandages on anymore," Tsuyu pointed out.

     "The old lady went a little overboard with her treatment. Anyway, we have a big class today on Hero Informatics. You all need your hero names," Aizawa announced.

     As the class jumped up in excitement, Aizawa activated his quirk to get us to settle down. Deactivating his quirk, "This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the last time we were in class together. Normally students wouldn't have to worry about the draft just yet. Not until their second or third year, actually, but this class is different. In fact, by extending offers to first-years like all of you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be withdrawn if their interest in you dies down before graduation though."

     Aizawa then showed us the amounts of offers we got.

Todoroki- 4123

Bakugou- 3556

Hoshikofu- 968

Tokoyami- 360

Iida- 301