𝑥𝑥𝑥𝑖𝑥. 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝗆𝖺𝗇

Start from the beginning

Sam comes up behind Dean. "That looks a hell of a lot like Dad's."

"Yep, except this dates back to the 60s."

  "Maybe he was a hunter back in the days." Elena suggested.

   The three move into the other room and shine their flashlights around the destruction, including up at the hole in the roof.

"Whatever attacked him, it looks like there was more than one." Sam says.

"Looks like he put up a hell of a fight too."

"Yeah."

They look around the room. Dean crouches to get a closer look at the floor.

"You got something?" Elena asks as she turns to look at Dean.

"Just some scratches on the floor."

"Death throes maybe?"

"Yeah, maybe."

Dean grabs a page from a notebook, places it over the marks and rubs a pencil lead over it to get an outline. "Or maybe a message."

The older Winchester peels up the paper, which has a lot of blood on the back, and rubbings of characters; he hands the paper to Sam. "Look familiar?"

"Three letters, six digits. The location and combination of a post office box. It's a mail drop." Sam explains.

"Just the way Dad does it." Dean says.

✫☆✫

Everyone is in the impala trying to figure out who's journal they have in their hands.

"'J.W.' You think? John Winchester?" Sam questions.

"I don't know. Should we open it?"

There is a knock on Dean's window. He gasps, rears back, automatically raising his arm, fist clenched. It's John Winchester. When John sees he has shocked them he smiles.

"Dad?"

John gets in the backseat with Elena also being in the back.

"Dad, what are you doing here? Are you all right?" Sam asked in concern.

"Yeah, I'm ok. I read the news about Daniel, I got here as fast as I could. I saw you three at his place."

Sam looked at John with soft eyes. "Why didn't you come in Dad?"

"You know why. Because I had to make sure you weren't followed by anyone or anything. Nice job of covering your tracks by the way."

"Yeah, well, we learned from the best." Dean says as he takes in pride.

"Wait, you came all the way out here for this Elkins guy?"

"Yeah. He was a good man. He taught me a hell of a lot about hunting." John says.

"Well you never mentioned him to us."

"We had a kind of a falling out. I hadn't seen him in years." John gestures to the envelope. "I should look at that." He opens it, " 'If you're reading this, I'm already dead'... that son of a bitch."

"What is it?" Dean asks.

"He had it the whole time." John explains.

  "Dad, what?"

"When you searched the place, did you, did you see a gun? An antique, a Colt revolver, did you see it?"

"Ah, there was, there was an old case but it was empty." Dean answers.

"They have it."

"You mean whatever killed Elkins?"

John starts to get out of the car. "We gotta pick up the trail."

"Wait. You want us to come with you?" Sam asks.

"If Elkins was telling the truth, we got to find this gun."

"The gun? Why?"

"Because it's important, that's why."

"Dad, we don't even know what these things are yet." Sam eagerly says.

"They were what Daniel Elkins killed best: Vampires."

"Vampires? I thought there was no such thing. Well actually..." Dean stopped then looks at Elena.

Elena kept looking at John, she wanted to know more about this gun he's looking for.

"I thought they were extinct. I thought Elkins and others had wiped them out. I was wrong. There are multiple breeds of vampires."

John turned to look at the three, "Most vampire lore is crap. A cross won't repel them, there are some that could be killed by sunlight, and some die by a stake to the heart. But the bloodlust, that part's true. They need fresh human blood to survive. They were once people, so you won't know it's a vampire until it's too late."

✫☆✫

Sam, Elena, and Dean are sleeping peacefully in a motel room.

A dispatcher came on the radio. "Unit 22 let me confirm. Mile marker 41, abandoned car. You need a workup?"

  "Copy that. Possible 207. Better get forensics out here."

  John is sitting at the table with a radio held in both hands. He puts it down, jumps to his feet, and grabs his jacket.

He stands and calls out the brothers and Elena names out. "Sam, Dean, Elena, let's go."

Elena immediately woke up, Sam half sits up, and Dean starts rubbing his eyes.

"I picked up a police call." John says.

   "What happened?"

"A couple called 911, found a body in the street. Cops got there everyone was missing. It's the vampires."

Sam rises from his bed. "How do you know?"

  "Just follow me, ok?"

Sam walks across the room, putting his jacket on.

"Huh, vampires. Get's funnier every time I hear it." Dean says as he's still half asleep.

𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 1𝘹20, 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥