Bonus Chapter 1

[Archer's POV]

One Year Later (After Layla's Surgery)

I sit behind the desk and stare out at the clouds passing by, as my client sits across from me seething.

"And then she looks at me with this sad look on her face saying 'I'm sorry' and begging me to drop it. Like seriously, if she was really sorry she would have kept her mouth shut! I have never slept with a fan, why would I start now! So then she-"

I straighten up and look him in the eye. "Henry, I called you here to give you an update on your situation, not to be your therapist."

"Wow, and here I was thinking we were friends." He pouts as he slumps in the seat.

"We are when we aren't in the office. Right now, I'm your lawyer trying to tell you how fucked you are."

"That doesn't sound very lawyerly."

"Look, I talked to Samantha's people and we worked out an agreement. You publicly apologize and settle with a payment of fifteen thousand dollars." I say as I pull out a contract that I wrote up yesterday.

"Fi-fifteen thousand dollars! What the hell? I didn't even do anything!" He jumps up from the chair.

"It's this or take it to trial where, I guarantee, you will be paying a lot more, not only that but your reputation will be at stake. You said it yourself, you're trying to keep this under wraps, you should just take the chance while you have it."

"Ugh, I swear, this divorce will be the death of me," He once again takes a seat and rubs a hand down his face. A defeated look takes residence in his features as he starts to look over the papers. "So all I have to do is say 'I'm sorry' then pay her and she'll leave me alone?"

"Yes, that should be the end of it, but if you want to be sure we can draft up a restraining order."

"No, it's not that serious, just add something in here about her not calling me everyday or something, I just need some-"

Before he can finish my phone starts to ring. I look over at the device and give Henry an apologetic look before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mr.Chapman, you have someone here that says they need to see you. Is there anytime that you would be available to-"

"I'm in the middle of something right now, and I will be busy for the rest of the day. Tell whoever it is to make an appointment and I'll see what I can do then."

"Okay, Mr.Chapman." I hang up the phone and return my gaze to Henry.

"So, you were saying?"

Once again the phone started to ring. Exasperated, I picked it up.

"Yes,"

"Sorry to interrupt again Mr.Chapman, but they are saying that it's an urgent matter. There name is a Ms.L-"

I hang up the phone, not letting her continue. For god's sake, I am with a client right now.

"Who knew you were so popular?" Henry says with a smirk.

"Cut that out. Did you finish reading the contract?"

"Yea, what does this clause mean, 'You will have to'-"

And would you believe it, the phone starts to ring again.

"Jennifer, I swear to god someone better be-"