• XII •

know we've been friends and love only knows broken ends, yeah. that's what you said, but, girl, let me change your mind.

"Do you guys actually have to leave?" Jane asks sadly as they all stand in front of the jet which Jay asked for, everyone bound for New York.

Mal smirks, their friends nodding their heads towards her, urging her to tell them the plan, "Who says we're leaving without you guys? If you haven't noticed, the limo went away already and four bags were suddenly added to ours."

Chad drops his jaw, blinking rapidly as they were tugged on the jet, "Yeah, sure, after the events we're back here without you guys." Lonnie pouts, leaning on the seat while Harry smirks, "About that, there was somethin' we 'ave talked about."

They all look at each other, a little jumpy on their seats as the jet takes off, "We decided that after all of this," Audrey starts, taking a deep breath before turning to Uma, "We're all going to Los Angeles for a while, all of us. Maybe a month and when everything is calm," She continues, she then turns to Gil, "We're going back to Auradon. We're coming home."

The looks on their friends faces were priceless, they didn't even mind the small turbulence that occured to the jet, Mal turns to Evie, already staring out in the window. She takes her hand, surprisingly, Evie holds it back, squeezing it gently but not looking at Mal.

Maybe they weren't moving too fast yet, but despite having this, whatever they have now is enough. It's all Mal could ever ask for. More than she could ever ask for. What else would she even need? She has everything here, holding her hand. Mal was contented, her whole world was here, not letting go.

"Welcome to New York." Mal says glumly as she puts on her shades, already cursing the amount of paparazzi welcoming them, Uma growls, pulling out her headphones and sunglasses.

The amount of them were incredulous. They all hated it, despite being used to it whether in Auradon or in Los Angeles, they all hated them the same. Evie watches as the paparazzis scram towards her and Mal, who, she forgot, was still holding her hand so, yeah, there's no escaping this.

Auradon paparazzi was easy to escape but never New York and Los Angeles ones. No, they're actual monsters, following you to your home, invading your personal space and actually harassing you but they would always reason out that they're just "doing their job."

The moment they all stepped outside, just about to get inside the van, paparazzi ignored everyone else with the exception of Mal and Evie. Swarming towards them as questions they didn't want to answer were thrown at them.

That's when Mal's sarcasm began to play, holding Evie's hand tighter as they made their way to the van, "Are you two together?" Were the questions that was dominant over the others, Mal stops before entering, offering a sarcastic smile, "No, we loathe each other. That's why we were holding hands."

Then she enters the van, finally driving away from the airport before dozing off.

The first event they had to endure was the press conference. Mal sits in front of a crowd, her cast laughing along to fans as they joke around with the characters, Mal was just there, sipping water and wanting everything to be over.

That was until a question was thrown at her, something she did not expect from that one certain person in the crowd, the ones who want answers and does theories way before the movie even has its release. She was asked something more personal.

"Was it true that you and that designer are dating? The one with the blue hair?" He asks meekly, making Mal lean closer to the microphone as her cast turns to look at her, Mal clears her throat, uneasily adjusting her shirt before answering.