• VIII •

and i, and i never prepared for a moment like that, yeah, in a second it came all back, it all came back.

"Hey." Mal breathes out as she stares at Evie this time, not just the reflection of her, she was staring right back at her

She was there, actually there and not a fucking figment of her mad imagination. Evie was actually right in front of her, wearing the same confused look she always had. The furrowed eyebrows with her lips pursed into a thin line. 

Evie doesn't know how to reply. She just, stares at the fairy, her gut turning into knots as she slowly stands up, not knowing what to feel right now because she's there. Mal was there. 

She wasn't an illusion, she wasn't a dream, she would know, she keeps on pinching herself. Mal stands up, getting a little closer to Evie than intended, she chuckles nervously, taking a step away before clearing her throat. 

"Hi." Evie finally replies, letting out the breath she has been holding in, Mal bites her lip, fighting the urge to smile as Evie reflects the same look on her face. 

And you can list down every cliché feeling when you see the love of your life again after a long period of time but it doesn't matter to them. There was no doubt that every feeling possible were wallowing the two of them as they stare at each other. 

Evie felt anger, pain, bitterness, hatred and disdain bu all of those were drowned out by the feelings of safety, joy, contentment and love. Mal just doesn't know, she can't comprehend what she feels but she knew one thing, right now, right here, when Evie's in front of her, she can't bring herself to hate her the same way she did when she knew she left her without saying goodbye. 

They've been staring at each other for so long that their friends found it awkward. So, that's when their friends suddenly interrupt them, greeting Mal with a big smile as they put down the items. "Aye, Mal! There's yer client!" Harry grins with a wicked glint in his eyes, Audrey turns around, snickering as Jane begins coughing. 

Carlos was acting like he doesn't know anything, just muttering things to himself as Lonnie and Uma cower in fear under Mal's glare. Evie sent Harry a death stare, making him frown and turn around, setting up the changing curtains with Uma, both whispering heatedly as Audrey approaches them, setting up the makeup table while joining their discussion. 

Mal stares at Evie once more, taking the advantage of the girl being distracted to stare at her. She was stunning. Man, she was so fucking breathtaking

Her hair grew a little longer, the blue waves falling behind her shoulders freely, her structures were more prominent, her jawline now a match to Harry's sharp one. She grew a little taller and her uh, lady parts somehow grew a teeny bit bigger. Mal blinks, again staring at Evie's face, watching those curious brown-red orbs that still held the same beauty it did years ago. 

Evie shakes her head at her friends, turning her gaze to meet Mal's eyes, staring at her, offering her a shy smile with her nose crinkling, she giggles, blushing madly because Mal was already staring at her. Admiring her, like those times inside their grammar classes, she remembers how she'd look back and see the girl already looking at her with a stupid smile on her face. 

"Uh, hi, I-I'm Mal." The fairy smiles, trying to cover her stutters as she began extending her hand out to Evie who only stares at it for a while before taking it, "Evie. Evil Queen's daughter." She says with a smile, shaking the fairy's hand as she ignores the pain and pleasure that she's feeling all at the same time. 

Mal moves behind the camera, "So, uh, is that what you're wearing for the first photo?" She asks awkwardly as Evie nods, "What's the theme anyways?" Mal asks as she toys with her camera, Evie begins to stammer, "T-There's no actual theme, honestly. I guess I never thought of it."