• X •

It was inevitable. The looks on their faces were literally unavoidable. It's like the thing you do out of instinct.

"Oh my fucking god." Jay whispers, some spit making its way to Carlos who scrunches his face in disgust, still, their eyes never leaving the two.

Mal had her arms wrapped protectively around Evie's waist while Evie had her hands resting on top of Mal's, her head tucked in underneath Mal's chin.

Both of them were literally breathing in sync. The rising and falling of their chests moving as one.

"Y'all are monsters if you wake them up." Uma yawns tiredly, rubbing her eyes and squinting at her phone as she takes a photo of them, immediately sending it to the group chat they created last night.

"I know. It's cruel to wake them up but Uma, we all have to be at the cathedral in an hour." Ben whines, a little jumpy, knowing that he'll be renewing his vows as King and he gets to wear the crown again.

"Can't they just you know, be late?" Lonnie asks, leaning on the doorway as Mal begins to stir, only pulling Evie closer, the two smiling in contentment. Lonnie points to them, as if saying, "See what I mean?"

Ben sighs, "Look, I'll let you guys wake them up in the most obnoxious way possible. Just, get them up." He tells them before leaving the room, Carlos smirks, "See, those are the magic words!"

The Auradon Kids watch as the Villain Kids hand them metal things, Uma and Harry were stationed at the door, holding its handles as they waited for the signal. "And, go!" Jay yells, dropping off the bowl of water on the two with the clanging of metal while Uma and Harry began slamming the door over and over.

Mal and Evie jolt awake, groaning in annoyance as they both held two different reactions, one was ultimate disdain towards their friends and the other was just plain murder.

The two sit down, eyeing their friends, "Ten seconds before I kill each and every one of you." Evie growls, making all of them run away and lock themselves in their rooms.

Mal shakes her head, sprinkling Evie with water who only shoves her off of the bed. Oh, yeah, one thing still doesn't change about Evie. And that's if you want her to plan your murder wake her up with water. Yes, Mal would know, she almost died because of that.

"Mal, whatever happened last night, can it be just between us? Even if our friends saw it, can we try to forget that it happened?" Evie requests to which Mal complies, nodding her head frantically as she searched for her suit.

They were awkward again, silent, the silence was so deafening that Evie couldn't handle it. She slams the door to the bathroom shut, escaping Mal as the fairy huffs.

Last night was truly one of the best nights Mal could ever think of. It's like everything was back to normal until morning came. Morning. Stupid morning. Now they're back to square one: awkward fake exes.

She patiently waits for Evie to get out, entering the shower immediately once she was over with whatever she was doing in there.

They didn't speak, only stare, glances across the room, looks from the mirror, their hands merely brushing over each other. It was awkward. So fucking awkward that they didn't even notice the sexual tension they clearly had.

Gosh, even Jane who just walked past saw the sexual tension.

Mal huffs, taking her heels and wearing them as she stares at Evie, sat in front of the vanity with her hair still wet, a variety of cosmetics laid out neatly in front of her as she carefully did her makeup, not wanting to ruin her dress.